What happened to the "riding" ghosts on HM?

Coach81

Original Poster
We just got back and both my 8 yo and myself were very disappointed with the change at the end of the Haunted Mansion ride..

It seems that they changed the part of the ride where you would actually see the ghosts riding in the cart with you... now they just show them with their thumbs out.. "hitching a ride"...

Since when have they done this.. and WHY???

ryno1982

Do a simple search, or scroll down the front page and you'll discover that it's a temporary effect put into place while the imagineers work on a new hitchhiking ghost effect.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

JillC LI

I'm so glad to see this thread. I forgot that I had the same question when we were there 2 weeks ago. I'm glad it's just a temporary effect during a refurb. That was my favorite part of the ride because it reminded me of something that happened when I was a little girl. I was riding with my dad, and my younger sister (age 6) was riding with my mom. Just at the scene where the ghosts ride with you, my sister must have put her hand down on something sharp because she looked into the mirror and exclaimed "That ghost bit me!" Sure enough, when we got off the ride moments later, she had a tiny cut on her finger. It was an insubstantial injury, and we never complained to anyone about it, but for years afterwards, my sister firmly believed and told everyone that the hitchhiking ghost at the HM had bitten her. :ROFLOL:

CP_alum08

Chillax. They're updating the effect so that it'd look even better than before. Hopefully.

Ha! Isn't that the truth! Personally I think the projections look tacky and totally ruin the 'old house haunted by ghosts' feel. They are very crisp and bright, which is nice from a technology perspective, but bad when everything else is supposed to look faded and old.

From what I've heard though, the refurb should be pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom