What happened to the e.t. smell?

MickeyMind

Original Poster
Stopped by universal this week, noticed that the smell of e.t. is completely gone, could barely catch even a hint of it, so dissapointing, anyone know why? Or when, if ever, will it return? I was so excited to finally get back to universal and smell it, I thought it was just a mixture of the water, fog and age of the building, but that iconic smell of the queue forest definitely had to be pumped in or something for it to be completely gone now

JT3000

giphy.gif

macefamily

You are so correct. My kids always mention the "ET smell." For me, I recall the smell of the boat garage on the old Jaws attraction. Smell of FL water, propane, and mildew.

Benjamin_Nicholas

A lot of it is what they use to treat the water from mold, insects, etc. It's a non-chlorine based additive.

The fog also helps. It was a lot more sweet smelling when they used oil-based foggers. Thanks to the gigantic Disney lawsuit years ago, almost all theme parks now use water-based fluid.

Disneyhead'71

Stopped by universal this week, noticed that the smell of e.t. is completely gone, could barely catch even a hint of it, so dissapointing, anyone know why? Or when, if ever, will it return? I was so excited to finally get back to universal and smell it, I thought it was just a mixture of the water, fog and age of the building, but that iconic smell of the queue forest definitely had to be pumped in or something for it to be completely gone now

Frankenstein79

I hope they keep E.T. and all of his smells. I'd love to see a Spielberg section rather than the Illumination land idea that's been floating around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom