What got you hooked?

Goofyernmost

Back in the 1964-1965 World's Fair in New York, there were people who swore that at one point Lincoln stepped down off of the stage and mingled with the crowd!
Yes, I remember reading about that recently. Must be those with wildly vivid imaginations are put on the planet to compensate for those with zero! :hilarious:

I had a very heated conversation with a friend of my Fathers about how angry he was that they took the Sky Tower out of Epcot and I told him that was at Seaworld. Then got even madder and wanted to know why they would move it out of Epcot and put it in Seaworld. That was his favorite ride in Epcot. Damn Disney. He accepted that it was in Seaworld, but, refused to accept that it never was in Epcot. At some point you just say, OK, and walk away calmly. :joyfull:

danyoung56

I had an almost heated discussion with a co-worker a few weeks ago, who said he loved the Hall of Presidents in DisneyLAND. He said he'd never been to WDW, and no, it wasn't just Lincoln but all of the presidents. It's hard to talk someone out of something he "remembers".

denyuntilcaught

For me, it was Epcot. My first trip was in 2012 as a Disneyland CM visiting with all the little perks and whatnot the company gives you. I was whatever about the Magic Kingdom on our first day, but it was seeing SSE at Epcot the second day that sold me. Growing up with Disneyland didn't prepare me for the scale of that park.

Staying at Boardwalk as a first WDW resort wasn't so bad either.

NickMaio

I got hooked by the immersive rides that were fun and told a story. Sometimes I even learned something.
Horizons 1 now departing. I remember vividly being 8 and riding it over and over again. Begging my parents to go on Spaceship Earth another time and at the end, thanking the Phoenicians. Immersion beyond anything else I experienced. Sights, sounds and smells everywhere. WDW and Disney were a fabric of my childhood and adulthood😊

SteamboatJoe

I will also go with "brainwashed at a young age".

My earliest movie memories are seeing a re-release of Snow White, the Disney renaissance starting with Oliver and Company, and watching Roger Rabbit on VHS at my grandparents house.

I was 8 on our first trip. It's hard not to get hooked at that age. Your old enough to remember a lot but young enough to see the magic and not think about the reality behind it. We went again when I was 12 and did a day trip the next few years after while on spring break outside Daytona. I can't say there was one attraction or show specifically that did it though. It took a while to get back but when I got off the bus as an adult in 2015 on my honeymoon and saw the train station, I was 8 years old again.

We also had Disneyland and Magic Kingdom playsets when I was young. They were quite something. I wish we had kept them.

Last edited:

Dreaming of Disney World

I was hooked from the very first trip to Disney World my parents took me on when I was 8 (1993). I already loved amusement park rides and Disney movies/tv shows/characters. It was so awesome to go on rides every day for a week! I loved it so much I spent the rest of my life begging my family to take me back. After a few more childhood trips I spent 16 years dreaming of returning, but none of my family or friends were interested. I finally convinced my husband to go when we had our first child. He thought he was going to be wasting his vacation, but he ended up loving it, and now he's hooked, too!

Jack Wolfe

I was already hooked on Disney thanks to movies and television. But when we moved to Florida thanks to my father's job at NASA, I got to visit Magic Kingdom a little over a month after it opened. And I'm still hooked to this day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom