What effect will Grad Bash have on our Seasonal AP access?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
To make a long story short[er]: We've booked a 3-day Universal vacation, staying onsite, arriving 4/28/18, with Seasonal Annual Passes.

I just found out that a "Grad Bash" has been scheduled for 4/28, with a concert to be announced.

Our Seasonal Annual Passes have us blocked out from USF on "all concert dates."

Does anybody know if a Grad Bash "concert" means we'll be barred from USF for the entire day, or is a "Grad Bash" concert not a real concert for AP blackout purposes? Are there enough Seasonal AP holders that if we're restricted to IOA for the day, we should expect a big bump in the crowds there? Also, how early have the parks typically been closed to the public on Grad Bash nights?

Any insights would be appreciated! I've contacted Universal via e-mail, but haven't heard back, and I'm getting a little anxious. Between limited park access and limited park hours, I'd hate to think we've already "wasted" a day of our vacation before we even arrive!

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
It is a separately ticketed event which you wouldn't be able to attend anyway unless you were a grad or involved with the grads, so I don't believe it affects you.

7pm-2am

http://www.gradbash.com/grad-bash-questions

Thank you. I do realize it's a hard ticket event - my question was whether seasonal AP holders can enter USF during regular park hours on those days (before the park closes early for Grad Bash) or whether they are blacked out as a "concert" date. Or are you saying that Universal doesn't classify hard-ticket events as concerts for AP blackout purposes, so we wont have to worry about not being allowed in during regular hours?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Thank you. I do realize it's a hard ticket event - my question was whether seasonal AP holders can enter USF during regular park hours on those days (before the park closes early for Grad Bash) or whether they are blacked out as a "concert" date. Or are you saying that Universal doesn't classify hard-ticket events as concerts for AP blackout purposes, so we wont have to worry about not being allowed in during regular hours?
The latter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom