What does firework FP+ do?

batrachian

Original Poster
I am going to DW with two little kids and I think they may enjoy the firework shows at MK and EPCOT. However, does anyone know what the FP+ to the firework shows do? Will it assign you a seat or will it allow me to entering the designated area right before the show instead of showing up an hour early to secure a spot?

Really confused with the new FP+ system and any comments are welcomed.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
They allow you a spot in the reserved area no reserved seating. Many people have suggested doing the MSEP reserved spot and staying there for the fire works. Two for one.

Betsyboo

I am going to DW with two little kids and I think they may enjoy the firework shows at MK and EPCOT. However, does anyone know what the FP+ to the firework shows do? Will it assign you a seat or will it allow me to entering the designated area right before the show instead of showing up an hour early to secure a spot?

Really confused with the new FP+ system and any comments are welcomed.
Many on the forums will say not to use FP+ for Wishes or Illuminations. Same for Fantasmic in HS. I've not used it so I can't say for sure but that seems to be the consensus. Wishes viewing for FP+ is in the Rose Garden by the Castle.

kma71677

I was there a couple of weeks ago. When you are EPCOT, go to the entrance of the reserved fastpass+ area. You can stand there with nobody in front of you and get the exact view without wasting a fp.

Becky

Many on the forums will say not to use FP+ for Wishes or Illuminations. Same for Fantasmic in HS. I've not used it so I can't say for sure but that seems to be the consensus. Wishes viewing for FP+ is in the Rose Garden by the Castle.
August FP+ viewing of Illuminations was great as few hotels were in the test. November with more hotels with FP+ was mobbed. In January we walked out of Mexico 2 minutes before Illuminations and went to our old viewing site which was much better than the reserved site. Fantasmic, we got there the ealliest FP+ allowed andd were seated very far to the left. The place was 80% full. Waste of a FP+. As for Wishes I find paying for the Wishes Dessert Party is the way to go. We eat a late filling lunch then make the Dessert Party our "supper". Great Desserts and unblocked viewing. Worth every penney to us. Hey we would have paid for supper anyway. One warning, you didn't say how old your children are. Sugar overload happens quite easily. There are so many choices.:D

StarWarsGirl

A lot of us just don't see the sense in using FP for fireworks or Fantasmic, especially for Epcot and DHS because they are tier 1 attractions.

Cesar R M

August FP+ viewing of Illuminations was great as few hotels were in the test. November with more hotels with FP+ was mobbed. In January we walked out of Mexico 2 minutes before Illuminations and went to our old viewing site which was much better than the reserved site. Fantasmic, we got there the ealliest FP+ allowed andd were seated very far to the left. The place was 80% full. Waste of a FP+. As for Wishes I find paying for the Wishes Dessert Party is the way to go. We eat a late filling lunch then make the Dessert Party our "supper". Great Desserts and unblocked viewing. Worth every penney to us. Hey we would have paid for supper anyway. One warning, you didn't say how old your children are. Sugar overload happens quite easily. There are so many choices.:D
you know; I was annoyed, because when I asked concierge at POR about something like that (aka a package to view the wishes show not inthe main public zone) they always said there was none.. and I remember seeing the dinner packages (aka desert ones) in the site once... but they insisted there was none. :/
so I'm like.... D:

SAV

I love watching Wishes from behind the castle so you get 360 degree fireworks(and ones going off right over your head), but don't tell anyone else!

Betsyboo

I've done the dessert party a couple of times and agree that it's a great way to see Wishes, and I love chocolate.

StarWarsGirl

you know; I was annoyed, because when I asked concierge at POR about something like that (aka a package to view the wishes show not inthe main public zone) they always said there was none.. and I remember seeing the dinner packages (aka desert ones) in the site once... but they insisted there was none. :/
so I'm like..***.. D:
I've had it happen before where a guest has been asking a CM a question and the CM doesn't. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who sometimes knows more than the CMs

The only time a fantastic fastpass may be needed is on nights there are only 1 fantasmic. It will fill up 30 min or more before.
Other than that kind of night, go to te second showing much less busy.
You can also do fantasmic dinner package which is in the middle of the theater.

jlsHouston

I've done the dessert party a couple of times and agree that it's a great way to see Wishes, and I love chocolate.
This is just about the only way I ever catch Wishes because I refuse to line up...Sometimes I catch the fireworks when I am over in FL and it starts but the front castle view and Tink flying, I've only caught when I have the dessert party ADR...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom