What does everyone think about Mama Melrose's?

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
For the first time this August I'm going to Mama Melrose's for lunch, so for those who have been there how did you like it and what would you recommend?

EvilQueen-T

IT's been 5 years since we ate there. At that time our dinner was fine. Nothing that stands out in my memory as particularly great or bad. When we do dhs we tend to do dinner at one of the boardwalk area venues like flying fish, yachtman's etc...I've kinda given up on dhs table service to be honest.

Betsyboo

We've enjoyed it. We've lunched there twice now. Most recently in February as part of the Fantasmic! package. Honestly can't remember what I had the first time but this past trip I had the chicken parmesan and my husband had the spaghetti. We each had an appetizer as part of the package, calamari and the mozzarella and tomatoes. Servers are attentive and the atmosphere is good.

You'll get some mixed reactions for MMs but I'd go back again. TS options in HS are few so if you don't want to swing BD or try H&V I think MM is a good choice.

TinkerbellKate

In the past, we had gone there and didn't enjoy it, so we took a pretty long break from there. In the last couple of years, we've eaten there several times and really enjoyed it. The flatbread is delicious and I like the atmosphere.

Dan in al

Went there two weeks ago, calamari app was very good, everyone in our party thought the entrees were very good as well. We had the chicken Campanella and the chargrilled strip steak. I'm not a fan of any of the TS restaurants in HS, however MM is by far my family's favorite.

HouCuseChickie

We did the Fantasmic pkg for dinner there back in 2010. My parents went with Italian items for their entrees... not bad...not great. DH and I each got steaks and were really pleasantly surprised.

gooftroop5

We do a lunch ADR at MMs every trip. The pastas and flatbreads are really good. Service has always been great. Kids love it too! If you are paying OOP the bill doesn't give you sticker shock either. ;)

acishere

It depends on the Italian options you are used to at home. The place is a step up from a meal at Olive Garden. It works if you are interested with the standard Italian dishes. The fact that I live in the NYC/NJ area, which is overcrowded with some great Italian restaurants, causes me to be more picky about the cuisine however. So I usually choose to eat elsewhere and save the pasta for back at home.

Last edited:

harryk

Been there many times. Every meal was great, especially when you think about it and see they are trying to please a great variety of guests. The flatbreads are a great selection to try. Last year while waiting for our table we were able to speak with the manager and one of the cooks and they were great. Willing to try to meet any guests needs and suggestions. Give it a go and tell us how it went.

rt06

Nothing spectacular, but does well to fulfill any craving for Italian. I gobbled up the seafood arrabbiata.

Epcot Dave

The food is pretty good...eaten there several times, haven't been back since 2009. At one time it was a staple of our nearly yearly trips. Our problem with MM has always been the length of time it takes to get through there. We don't have diet/menu restrictions or special, just straight menu food.

It hasn't seemed to matter if we are at off times (preferred) or busier times, it always seems to take 90+ minutes to get through there. We've had parties of 2,3,4,5, and 9, and that hasn't seemed to make a noticeable difference. I would recommend you allow 105-120 minutes, particularly during peak times to get through there.

I hope this helps-
Dave

smarti3

Personally a "must do" every time we go to HS! Love the chicken parm, steak with macaroni and cheese and the Caesar salad. Service has been fast and food has always been good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom