What does "equality" mean in a free market.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I don't think this is political but mods please move if you do...
Anyhoo, I was just reading a post on a new upcharge event and one statement that interested me was how people who purchase the VIP tour get perks that Joe regular does not.
Now I totally understand the old heads argument that a lot of stuff use to be "included " and now is not (ie free parking at the resort for guest).
Now truthfully I don't have a big problem with that program, lol you shell out 10k yeah I think you should get the first crack at the rides, but as long everyone has the opportunity to purchase a vip ticket, I can understand those in the club getting perks.
Does upcharges mean a better experience?
If you buy first class seats on a flight and you get to board first is that inherently classism?

bUU

Yes, first class passengers boarding first is classism. Should we have a society devoid of any classism? That's a political question.

Does upcharges mean a better experience? It does. Should there be better experiences for a few for an upcharge? That's a political question.

Goofyernmost

To be clear, my objection to extra fees for parking at your resort has nothing to do with an general upset over parking fee's. It has to do with a place that has already robbed people blind just for overnight fee's in the room to twist a little deeper into your wallet. That isn't capitalism that is extortion. Lower nightly charges can justify a parking fee (barely), but, Disney has a licence to steal.

Now back to your question, it is equality in that everyone willing to pay can partake of the up-charges. Inequality would be that you drove in with a Rolls Royce dripping in money so they let you do the up-charges without charging. If everyone were rich we would all be poor people with a lot of cash. A loaf of bread would cost $1,000.00. Equality means that there is equal access to every possibility regardless of your gender, religion or social status. Money is a secondary requirement. If you had millions and they wouldn't let you do something because they didn't want your kind around is inequality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom