what do you think of this idea

barnebd5

Original Poster
Don't you think by now with WDW being the reason that the majority of visitors vacation in Orlando that Disney should get their very own airline, you board and Mickey Mouse comes on the P.A. system :lol:

They could build a WDW airport and have land there or just have it land in the regular Orlando Intl., it wouldnt matter to me.

What do you think, is this a good idea?

Dayma

EEEEKKK......The companies that are pros at doing this are having issues making money. I dont think this would be a good time for Disney to do this.

Maybe if Continental painted Disney logos on the side of their plane........?

PhotoDave219

Interesting. But in the current economic climate, it wouldnt work. Withe the costs of aircraft from boeing & airbus going up, as well as the cost of fuel flutuating constantly and the number of people going to WDW dropping... It just wouldnt work.

But lets say it IS economically feasable, plane wise. Dis would probably want their own terminal at MCO. Makes the most sense, and then Dis can have their own buses or rail to go nonstop to dis property. I still dont think you could get enough people flying on it to make a proffit.

Sounds like a decent idea BUT i dont think its econokically realistic.

Kenan

I believe Disney does have their characters on the side of one Alaska Airlines plane out west. I think I seen it on television once. They had the fab5 with Disneyland painted on each side. Unless I dreamt it (which is a good possibilty), I think its true.

artvandelay

What if a Disney Airliner crashed (God forbid)? For a company that is consumed with it's image, a crash would be devastating. The pictures of a crashed jet with the Disney logo all over it would be a tough image to get over.

Al

Originally posted by artvandelay
What if a Disney Airliner crashed (God forbid)? For a company that is consumed with it's image, a crash would be devastating. The pictures of a crashed jet with the Disney logo all over it would be a tough image to get over.

Exactly what I was just about to say.

Kenan

go to that link then scroll down.

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/alaska.htm

MICKEY MOUSE TAKES TO THE SKIES

3 January 2003 - Source: sbsun.com

Alaska Airlines and the Disneyland Resort have introduced a Boeing 737-400 with large images of Mickey, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy painted on its body and tail.

The plane, called "Spirit of Disneyland," will operate through most of the Alaska Airlines route system, including visits to Ontario International and Los Angeles International airports.

"It will definitely promote business,' said Jack Walsh, spokesman for Alaska Airlines.

"In a way, it's like a flying billboard for both of us. It keeps Disneyland on people's minds, and it lets people know if you are going to Disneyland, Alaska Airlines is the way to get there."

The plane, which will hold 138 passengers, was introduced last month as part of a two-year marketing agreement between the theme park and the airline. The new Disney-themed plane also kicks off the Kids Fly Free promotion, Walsh said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom