What do you think are the chances of .....?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hey guys, just looking for others guesses on this? We've booked to come to Orlando March 2021 for 15 days staying off site. We're planning on purchasing the 14 day pass currently available to UK guests. If we purchase that pass soon, what do you think the chances are of getting 'Disney Reservations' for days between 12th May and 27th May 2021? I know that resort guests will be priority but can anyone see a scenario where we wouldn't get in Disney as we're not staying onsite?

We're not debating will the virus return and the country be in lock down again, that we know could happen and our trip would be off. But if things stay as they are or improve, is the general consensus that we'd get 'Disney reservations' to enter or not?

Last edited:

NelleBelle

I think it's hard to tell without seeing how the rollout goes and if disney increases capacity by the time you're allowed to make reservations. Would you be able to get passes now and then a room-only reservation if things aren't looking favorable to making reservations by staying off-site (turning your trip into a package)?

What I'm curious, and sorry @mergatroid to tack onto your post, is if you can get a room-only and add your tickets you get from outside disney (we always get discount tickets through DH's employer), thereby making a "package"?

nickys

Premium Member
What I'm curious, and sorry @mergatroid to tack onto your post, is if you can get a room-only and add your tickets you get from outside disney (we always get discount tickets through DH's employer), thereby making a "package"?

It wouldn’t make it a package, but you can do that. (Although you used to be able to call and ask to make it a “ticketless package” and add the dining plan - not sure if that will still be a thing next year).

But you would still have a room-only reservation, so would pay one night’s cost as a deposit and the rest on arrival (unless you call to pay it off earlier). And the cancellation terms would be those for a room-only.

thomas998

Hey guys, just looking for others guesses on this? We've booked to come to Orlando March 2021 for 15 days staying off site. We're planning on purchasing the 14 day pass currently available to UK guests. If we purchase that pass soon, what do you think the chances are of getting 'Disney Reservations' for days between 12th May and 27th May 2021? I know that resort guests will be priority but can anyone see a scenario where we wouldn't get in Disney as we're not staying onsite?

We're not debating will the virus return and the country be in lock down again, that we know could happen and our trip would be off. But if things stay as they are or improve, is the general consensus that we'd get 'Disney reservations' to enter or not?
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in things going my way given what has been happening in the US recently. As places have opened up more the number of cases has been going back up and their has been talk of needing another lockdown. In all likelihood that is going to continue until a vaccine is created or until the virus creates heard immunity. A vaccine is completely unpredictable as to when or if it will ever be created... herd immunity in the past for viruses has tended to take about 2 years to achieve and those were times when we didn't do the type of lockdowns we are doing this time to slow down the spread. These lockdown will only drag out the time it takes to achieve herd immunity so 2 years would be unlikely and we are probably looking at 3 or more if the lockdown continue... Of course for trip you're looking at things being closer to normal in less than 2 years. I don't see that happening.

So basically you are now looking at how many people decide to start going back and whether it will be filled or not. That's completely unpredictable given they haven't opened the theme parks at all yet. If it were possible to wait I would at least wait until after July when they have been back up and running for a few weeks to get a better feel for what the demand is going to be like.

One other thing to consider, is stay on property for the days you want tickets to the park. Just book the cheapest value resort you can get for the times you need, if you wanted 7 days in the parks then you only need a 5 day room in the parks sense you would get the arrival day and day after your last night.... It isn't always convenient to do a trip when you have to change hotels, but it isn't the end of the world and would probably give you a better shot at getting in.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'd like to think that the June 2021 "Reservation Only" date is more of a "Worse Case". Hopefully, if we have a vaccine, therapeutics, and/or a significant reduction in cases - We could start getting back to normal earlier than that. But, it's anyone's guess right now.

I'd find out if there is any type of refund policy and/or if Travel Insurance would cover anything on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom