What do you guys think of this?

the-reason14

Original Poster
Ok so I know this isn't technically 100% Disney related, but it does mirror a ride in both WDW and DLR. Now I've heard of knock offs overseas and have seen pics and vids of rides that blatantly copied Disney, but did a horrible job at it. This ride in particular looks pretty interesting and actually decent. But I thought that Dinosaur and Indy used a unique to Disney ride system. Anyways, what do you guys think of this ride?

Californian Elitist

I don't see Dinosaur at all in this but I do see where the Indy ideas came in. Though Indy is better than this attraction, it's actually not a bad knock-off. It's pretty decent, compared to some other knock-offs I've seen. But the alligator vs Fluffy the snake in Indy? No comparison.

I'm definitely with Empress, those annoying men made it seriously impossible for me to finish the video. I tried... I got to 3:27 before I stopped torturing myself.

the-reason14

Original Poster
Yes, those losers are incredibly annoying in 95% of their videos, but I still enjoy watching them. I wonder what job they have that allows them to travel the world to theme parks like that? I guess that is their job, wish I could sign up for that. But anyways, if its not the same ride system as Indy and dinosaur it's very similar. I thought disney had the exclusive rights to that? It does look decent though, and nowhere near as scarily bad as that iasw knock off.

The Empress Lilly

I don't see Dinosaur at all in this but I do see where the Indy ideas came in. Though Indy is better than this attraction, it's actually not a bad knock-off. It's pretty decent, compared to some other knock-offs I've seen. But the alligator vs Fluffy the snake in Indy? No comparison.
Aye, the ride is an Indy rip-off. However, it is nowhere near Indy's sense of timing and storytelling. But it is still a better Indy wannabe than that other one, our very own dinosaur. Which wasn't truly great to begin with, then received a lame overlay to tie it in with Dinsoaur the movie, and currently runs in C-mode.

I dislike how the rip-off ride goes outside, which would drag me out of the little fantasy world. Still, overall, it looks like a very decent ride, sort of what you'd expect Universal to build.

The Empress Lilly

Where is this exactly in China?
The ride's in the northeastern Chinese province of Korea.
tongue1.gif

Also: see, this is why your videos own, and those by Theme Park Review suck. You know how to shut up - which, contrary to what it may appear, is in fact a compliment. ;)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Holy wow..those dudes are hard to take..you'd think they're doing this (what appears to be) for a living....so let's see..

1.You make sure you get your own ride vehicle
2.You don't talk and make moronic noises throughout the entire ride

I digress...To answer the OP question:

For a cheap knock off...very good show indeed.
I don't think it's up to WDW or Uni standards all the way through but it does have it's moments.
You're never going to be fooled into thinking it's NOT a knock off.

Just goes to show what we've always known, if you throw money at something you CAN make it happen.
Now just imagine what you could do if you have a team of creative, original thinking type individuals to make that money REALLY do something....and you supported them with said money...
wow IMAGINE the things you could do.

Anybody listening????

A1st

Ok I have a copyright question: doesn't Disney have the rights to the It's a Small World Music? (Why can they use a song that is not only really similar, which I see how they can get away with, but actually sing "its a small world after all, its a small world after all" ?

luv

Ok I have a copyright question: doesn't Disney have the rights to the It's a Small World Music? (Why can they use a song that is not only really similar, which I see how they can get away with, but actually sing "its a small world after all, its a small world after all" ?
That's U.S. law. :)

AndyS2992

It's a Small World is not copyrighted and is in the public domain which is why ice cream trucks use it. Walt did this so UNICEF could use it as their theme song without them having to pay him royalties.

Patrick_Ears

that Small World ride was trash if you ask me!! No where Disney is like that. Most of there stuff was not working and if you look closely parts looked like burnt and run down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom