What did you love and hate about Pop Century?

fordmustanggen5

I love how cheap it is! 😂
Also, I dig the updates they made to the rooms, they got rid of the carpet for wood floors.

Negatives that it’s a value resort.. so it’s more of the same, if you know what I mean.. lol

Smiley/OCD

When the kids were younger, we stayed there 5 times or so...we LOVED POP, great food court, contrary to many comments on here, the bus service was exceptional. Because the kids are now older (17 & 20), we've outgrown it. Our new go to resort is AoA, just across the lake from POP. I was there in January for 1 night (dropping off my DD at the DCP)...the room was great EXCEPT for the vinyl flooring (reminds me too much of Motel 6), but it's still our former favorite value resort.

Just remember that if the buses are overcrowded, you always have the option of walking over the bridge and taking a bus from AoA.

Zipadeelady

I got back from POP two weeks ago. We stayed 5 nights. The resort was great. Clean and quiet (there was even a tour group there, but we never saw them after the first day). The food court was never crowded when we were there. We did go to the parks at opening and never went during the lunch or dinner hours though. The new renovations were very nice. I've read complaints that the rooms were too small when the second bed was down. There were only two of us but we each used a bed and both beds were down all 5 days. Never once did I feel like it was too tight, I never stubbed my toe or got claustrophobic. It was a great room. We requested 50's but got the end of 60's by hourglass lake. It was a perfect room. We were on the 3rd floor and the only neighbors we heard was a man going to the bathroom above us (just once but it was loud) :hungover:. We used the bus from AOA and walked to our room by crossing the bridge between the two resorts when the lines were too long at a POP bus stop. That brings me to my one complaint. The bus stops at 3 of the parks and DS is the last stop so it is always a long walk to get to the bus at the end of the day and every night (even waiting until the majority of guests left the park) there was an enormous line waiting for a bus (longer than any other resorts) so it always took multiple buses before we could get on and the majority of the time we were standing. AOA wasn't much better but a few times we did hop on their bus and walked to our room. In 8 stays at Disney this was my first time at POP and the first time I've ever complained about the buses, my only issue is stated above. Long lines at the end of every night and last stops. I'd stay there again though. Maybe uber at night. :happy:

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I find nothing wrong with Pop...Great location, Best deals..My only fear is now that once the Gondola's open it will then increase the price as it now will be shared with AoA making it Disney's first Val-Mod Resort area (Value rooms at Moderate Prices). I just have strong feeling they will be taking it into consideration as everyone and their gerbil will be wanting to take the advantage of the gondola system and rooms will be difficult to be booked into.....

Other than that....I just really wish they would consider refurbishing the Bus Area so they could at least add a Shelter above each Bus station Similar to the ones at Art...No one like sitting there during a rainstorm and getting deluged by rain or standing in the swealtering sun waiting for the bus..
Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort_Full_16210.jpg

LUVofDIS

Disney this was my first time at POP and the first time I've ever complained about the buses, my only issue is stated above. Long lines at the end of every night and last stops. I'd stay there again though. Maybe uber at night. :happy:

The bus wait is also my only complaint about POP. We usually stay at deluxe hotels, but we want to start to venture out and try new places. We will be trying All Star Movies this year. All the other places we have stayed have had awesome transportation. POP and AoA have both fallen short so far when it comes to the buses. I would give AoA a slight edge.

Other than that we loved POP and AoA, it is not has nice or roomy as the others we have stayed at but it was more than enough for us.

Wendy Pleakley

It's been a while for me, but from what I can recall:

Good:

Bus stops are organized with a single queue for all buses. At moderate resorts all buses share stops, so there's no lining up for your specific bus. Not usually a big deal, but there was one time at Caribbean Beach where I heard someone grumble because someone who had just arrived at the stop was close enough to the stop that he felt they were "cutting in line".

No sharing buses with other resorts. Sometimes buses will pick up at multiple resorts (i.e. the other value resorts), during non-peak times.

Close to Art of Animation. You can take a bus to there on the way home if the Pop Century line is overly long, or just walk over to check out the resort.

Food court was large, food was good at the time.

Bad:

The pool seemed really noisy. I don't think I would have been happy with a pool view room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom