What are you reading?

Caretames1

Original Poster
I didn't see this kind of thread (if there is forgive me) so I thought I start one.

I have been reading Adrians Undead Diary. It's Zombie fiction at it's finest! The best part it that it's free! you can find it at: http://adriansundeaddiary.com/

Welcome to Adrian's Undead Diary. Adrian Ring is our intrepid hero here, having just barely survived a world consuming apocalypse of the undead. Adrian's Diary chronicles his battles with the zombie hordes and his ongoing struggle with survival. Read and understand exactly how he has lived up to today, avoiding starvation, zombies, injuries, fellow survivors, and sickness, as well as sharing in his humor and his horror.

AUD entries are "written" in real time by the character Adrian Ring. The entry you read today here is the entry that he wrote today in his world. Every time Adrian reminisces, or experiences something new, he talks to his Diary. In this way you share in his unfolding horror, one moment at a time. Adrian writes three to five Diary entries a week, so check back in often to stay current.

AUD also features pieces of fiction that are set in Adrian's world. Reading AUD means reading the short stories as they intersect with the Diary. There are links inserted into the Diary entries telling you when you should read what stories. In order for you to fully enjoy AUD, please read the stories when you see the links. Once you're caught up with Diary and the short stories, you can read the entries as they're posted, and the short stories as they're released.

We are not only attempting to share some high quality zombie, undead and horror genre fiction, but also to build a friendly community of like minded folks!

General Disclaimer for the sensitive of feelings, and weak of heart: The Diary, the short stories, our chatroom and our forums are intended for mature adults.

DisJosh

Ohhhh I will have to check that one out!

Have you read World War Z? I'm looking forward to the movie that's in the works.

Currently I'm reading book two in the wheel of time series, The Great Hunt. I'm an absolute fantasy nerd. I will however stray now and then for some dystopian fiction. :)

mickey2008.1

Stephen Tylers " does the noise in my head bother you" It's exactly as I thought it would be, but better. WOW! it's for adults only, but worth reading just for the insight of the myth, the man, the legend that makes Aerosmith. Makes RNR that much better.

KeithVH

Today's library trip netted me:

• Terra Incognita: Map of all Things by Kevin Anderson (too late I realize this is book 2 and I haven't read book 1)
  • The Wrecker by Clive Cussler (not a Dirk Pitt book!)
  • Solomon Kane by Ramsey Campbell
Quite bummed about the last. Solomon Kane was an REH favorite of mine as a boy (40 years ago). I've realized too late this is a novelisation for the upcoming movie and not an unread Howard story. Oh well.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I am halfway through what is becoming an annual summer tradition--re-reading the Harry Potter books. I'm about halfway through Goblet of Fire at the moment. (I started Book one two weeks ago, I better pick up the pace if I want to be done by Labor Day!!)

njDizFan

Ohhhh I will have to check that one out!

Have you read World War Z? I'm looking forward to the movie that's in the works.

Currently I'm reading book two in the wheel of time series, The Great Hunt. I'm an absolute fantasy nerd. I will however stray now and then for some dystopian fiction. :)
What a coincidence, I just started the first WoT novel. I usually only read the "classics" but started branching out over the last few years. I have been itching to start the series but at 14 novels now at 800+ pages per book, it's a little daunting.

Enjoying it so far?

SeaCastle

Outside of my news periodicals (The Economist and The Atlantic), I'm reading The Fountainhead and Cannery Row (for the second time).

BiggerTigger

Just finished "Weird Hollywood" and starting to pick up "Best Road Trips". I have also started to read "Alice in Wonderland" and will be getting into the current "Camel Club Mysteries" by David Baldacci (Can't remember the name).

Way to many books at the same time.

DisJosh

What a coincidence, I just started the first WoT novel. I usually only read the "classics" but started branching out over the last few years. I have been itching to start the series but at 14 novels now at 800+ pages per book, it's a little daunting.

Enjoying it so far?

I am enjoying it VERY much. I plan on eventually getting through the whole series but it's not something I plan on doing in one shot. I have too many other series I'm addicted to. The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams, and Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin are all series I've started on this year. :)

DisneyFreak

Just finished "A Historical Tour of Walt Disney World" by Andrew Kiste. This book was very enjoyable and apparently there are two other volumes. I also just finished "The King's Deception" by Steve Berry and now currently reading "The Patriot Threat" also by Steve Berry. These are both Cotton Malone novels which is Berry's recurring character.

1527877393387.png1527877700176.png1527877723794.png

Sans Souci

I wrapped up Pachinko by Min Jin Lee a few weeks ago. It was novel about a multigenerational Korean family living in Japan. I highly recommend it. 👍🏻

Before I reading Pachinko, I started I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara. I am still not done! It is about Joseph James DeAngelo AKA the Original Night Stalker. I have been following this case for years and I thought he would never be caught. He is thought to have raped 50+ women and murdered 12 people. I am reading it in bits and pieces, since I find it somewhat heavy. It is well-researched and well-written, but sadly, Michelle McNamara didn't live to see DeAngelo's arrest.

NeedMoreMickey

Started the Outlander series after the first season on Stars. I’m on the seventh book now. It’s always interesting to see the difference between the books and the TV show.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I wrapped up Pachinko by Min Jin Lee a few weeks ago. It was novel about a multigenerational Korean family living in Japan. I highly recommend it. 👍🏻

Before I reading Pachinko, I started I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara. I am still not done! It is about Joseph James DeAngelo AKA the Original Night Stalker. I have been following this case for years and I thought he would never be caught. He is thought to have raped 50+ women and murdered 12 people. I am reading it in bits and pieces, since I find it somewhat heavy. It is well-researched and well-written, but sadly, Michelle McNamara didn't live to see DeAngelo's arrest.

Was she Patton Oswalt's wife?

Sans Souci

Was she Patton Oswalt's wife?

She was. I finally finished it last night. But my goodness, this guy was a monster. He broke into homes before the attacks to learn the home's layout, he would unload their guns and leave shoelaces to use as ligatures during his attacks.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Oh gosh, I've read so many books this year...let's do some highlights.

Latest that I just finished was Ready Player One. I really enjoyed that one. Lots of pop culture references, probably a bunch that went over my head because I'm too young...

I read Kristin Hannah's The Great Alone a couple of months ago, and I'm still thinking about it, which is always the sign of a good book. I've read about forty or so books this year (according to my Goodreads account) and a lot of them are forgettable. Not this one. It's about a family in the seventies. The father is a Vietnam War veteran with PTSD, before they really knew what PTSD was. He moves his wife and young daughter to Alaska for a fresh start. It's mostly told from the daughter's point of view, which is conflicted because of course, she loves her father, but she knows there's something wrong with him, something dangerously wrong.

I've read a few of her books after picking up Nightingale last year. That's another one that has stuck with me. It's about two sisters living in occupied France during World War II, one who has a family she's fighting to protect, and one who's doing her best to fight the Nazis. That one was such a good read. I liked that it was told from a perspective of another country besides the US.

And of course, The Lunar Chronicles, which is a four-book series. I picked up the first one because I wanted an audiobook and it was available from my library, and now I own all four. They're fairy tale retellings as science fiction. But you have to really like science fiction, or else you'll be like, "What the heck am I reading?" :hilarious: I like science fiction, and through the first one, there were times when I was like, "What the heck am I reading?"

I've just started The Help, so we shall see about this one.

FYI, everything that I recommend ends well, maybe not in a neat little box, but it's satisfying. If I get mad about the ending, I don't recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom