What Are the Odd's?

MickeyMan101

Original Poster
so, my mom and I are heading down to WDW for my spring break! were staying at pop century.. recentely if you live in cincy ohio you would know there's a lot of talking about the Delta pilots going on strike. So, my first thought, YES GO on strike when were in florida...we will have more time w/ the mouse!

My thought to you- What do you think disney would do, for those that are stranded in orlando if the pilots went on strike at all! Be creative, will disney do anything?

MickeyMan101

HoW

I really hate to burst anyone's bubble when it comes to the Mouse, but I don't really think that they would do anything. It's possible they might offer a discounted rates on rooms for guests whose vacation would end on a sour note, but I think that'd really be the best they would do.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They might even ask you to hurry-up and get out, because they've got your room booked up for the next few weeks.:eek:

Slipknot

If Delta goes on strike...? What does this have to do with Disney besides landing planes at an airport close to WDW??? :confused: :veryconfu

landauh

Disney won't do anything because the problem is not their's. Delta on the other hand will try to get you onto other carriers first and if not successful will put you up in a hotel near the airport until they can.

Timmay

Disney won't do anything because the problem is not their's.

Which is a shame, because a good comapany makes your problems their problems. I would understand their position 100%, but it would still be a shame.

robynchic

Timmay said:
Which is a shame, because a good comapany makes your problems their problems. I would understand their position 100%, but it would still be a shame.
No, it's not a shame. Disney is not associated with Delta in any way, so therefore, accomodating people that made a plane reservation, knowing the anticipated strike, would not be the company's fault. Why should they have to accomodate someone who didn't think ahead, cancel a ticket when they heard that threat, and book another airline?

Salty-

landauh said:
Disney won't do anything because the problem is not their's. Delta on the other hand will try to get you onto other carriers first and if not successful will put you up in a hotel near the airport until they can.

This is the most correct scenario.

RPMdfw

Timmay said:
Which is a shame, because a good comapany makes your problems their problems.

Say what?

So, by this logic, if I'm driving a car that I know needs some work done to McDonalds for lunch, McDonalds should give me a free lunch if it breaks down near their parking lot?

A good company delivers on it's promises. A good company tries to exceed the expectations of it's customers. A good company in the hospitality industry will be simpathetic to it's guests. But a company does not make it's customers problems it's own problems. That would be business suicide.

Timmay

Well, you all are missing the point...and using silly "logic" with comparisons of fast food places and vehicles.:rolleyes:

Some of you think it is acceptable for Disney to just say "Well, too bad. You are on your own". I am sure not saying Disney should drop everything, pay for a new flight out of town or any of that. They could, however, very easily help out with putting them in contact with someone that could help, taking a tiny bit of time to see if they could help them with an extra night or two (not free by any means)

About 3 years ago we were on a Disney trip and upon our arrival found the car rental comapny screwed us over and did not have a car for us, or even any kind of record of us having rented a car form them. While I was trying to work it out with the rental car people, my wife called Disney just to let them know we may not be getting to our resort fro some time. and asked for some advise. Well, Disney picked us up at the airport and hooked us up with a rental at a somewhat lower rate (not a lot, but still less than before). Pretty darn nice customer service. We didn't ask or expect anything, they just did it.

I am sure glad you guys were not the one on the other end of the phone when my wife made her call.

robynchic

Timmay said:
They could, however, very easily help out with putting them in contact with someone that could help, taking a tiny bit of time to see if they could help them with an extra night or two (not free by any means)
Airlines already do that. If they know that Delta has gone on strike a day or two before they leave WDW, then the traveler has the responsibility to call the airline, explain the situation, and the airline will be the one to put them in contact with someone that can help.

Disney may be great for guest service, but something like this is out of their hands.

WDWCP

I could potentially see Disney offering a slight discount on rooms, but only if it were still at or above their break-even price, and only if they had the rooms open to spare. At that point, anyone coming in with existing reservations would take priority over anyone who's trip was unexpectedly extended.

It's not that it would be Disney's responsibility to offer a discounted room or anything, but it could be a great opportunity for them.

Let's say that Disney needs to charge somewhere around $50 per night in the Pop Century to cover the costs of the operations, cleaning, capital expenditures and depreciation, etc... So, if Disney had vacent rooms and stranded visitors, they could rent them the extra rooms for $50 per night. However, Disney could make quite an extra unexpected profit because these stranded visitors will still likely be eating in Disney restaurants (they still have to eat) and depending on their financial status, these visitors could potentially be buying more park tickets as well...

What it comes down to is money and PR. If Disney could make itself look like the "good guys" by offering stranded visitors a discounted room, they could be coming out with more profit AND looking good about it all in the first place. That leads to happy visitors and would truly be a win-win situation for everyone...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom