What are the details on the 7 seas lagoon islands?

DonickCo

Original Poster

What are they used for?
What is on them?
Do they have speakers on them for the water pageant?
Are their any underground cables going over to them?

Please let me know.

Thanks
-DonickCo

Attachments

• island.jpg
    island.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 244

AdLibSean

I know one use

I know of at least use for them. I know that from certain room views in the Polynesian, the trees COMPLETELY block out the stark white Space Mountain. Kinda adds to the theme, of being in paradise I guess. I dunno about any other hotels, but I know the trees on the Island serve this purpose.

I have actually read that there are the reminants of a machine on one of them that would make waves for the Poly beach. It never really worked well so they toook it out a long time ago.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
the wave machine is underwater.

the islands there to house speakers for the Electrical Water Pageant.

Invero

Originally posted by DonickCo

What are they used for?
What is on them?

During special events, they'll set off special fireworks from one of the islands.

enfilm

I heard that the wave machine worked fine but it worked TOO well and caused the beach to erode. Since they had just put all that nice sand there it didn't make sense to ruin it

Ed

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Re: What are the details on the 7 seas lagoon islands?

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

During special events, they'll set off special fireworks from one of the islands.
that is correct. They also launch fireworks from some of the islands when MK has perimeter fireworks.

mkt

Premium Member
When does MK have perimeter fireworks?
Besides the 4th of July and new years.

halloween party, xmas party, and anytime someone wants to pay for them

Invero

When does MK have perimeter fireworks?
Besides the 4th of July and new years.

A few months ago there was a Pyrotechnician conference... and they set off the most amazing fireworks show I have ever seen in my life. Simply AMAZING... of course... they also accidentally set one of the islands on fire in the process. Oops. :)

scotty_l

Originally posted by enfilm
I heard that the wave machine worked fine but it worked TOO well and caused the beach to erode. Since they had just put all that nice sand there it didn't make sense to ruin it

Ed

Yes that is true. In fact we used to call the beach between the Grand Flo and Polynesian as Surf Rider Beach.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom