what are the crowds like in mid july at the parks?

chipndale09

Original Poster
Hi Y'all...my daughter soccer team is trying to organise for summer 2014 to join in the Disney Cup tournament. We are "Disney people" :) but we always go end feb beginning march.. I have a two part question.

1. As anyone had their children play in this tourni and how is it like??

2. what are the parks like mid-july (around the 20th)??? The girls would play in the morning and have the afternoon to play in the parks. Would it be worth going to the parks by the afternoon, i would assume all fastpasses would be distributed by 1pm or 2pm?? Some of the kids have already been to the World , some have not...is it a good time to be visting the parks for newbies??

I am thinking it is not a good idea but I guess we could make things work by visting more Downtown and Boardwalk.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

cheers

rob

SAV

Have never played in the tourney, so no help there. But I was there in mid-July...
6045913794_6282b3270d_z.jpg

and LOTS of it.

tumblr_lygv4bemCP1rn5q3ao1_500.jpg

DfromATX

Gosh, I don't want to dampen your spirit, but... the two posts above me are right (and I had to laugh at those pics). Our last trip was in July and we vowed never again. In addition to the crowds, it was sooo hot. Still, kids are pretty tough when it comes to having fun! Just be prepared and I think it would still be worth it, especially if they can stay later in the evenings.

KarenKlo

We have gone in June, July and Aug. I am married to a teacher and I am a college professor,so our spring breaks never align. It is hot, but it is 90 here in Indiana too! I would rather be at WDW in the heat! I didn't think the crowds were too bad and we seem to avoid the Brazilians by chance. Good luck in the tourney!

PUSH

Crowds during the summer are heavy. The lines for TSM, all three mountains, EE, TT, Soarin, etc get very long. It's hot, and there are a lot of tour groups. However, it's still manageable. I found it to be manageable over Easter week, which is one of the busiest times of the year.

Aurora1

We've always gone in July and honestly never really are phased by the crowds. I never realized how crowded it was until we went in February this year! But, it's definitely doable!

nepalostparks

Other posters above have covered it pretty well. For those travelling in the busy summer months I recommend getting to the park for opening, enjoying the bigger attractions before the crowds amass, then take a break or otherwise try to stay cool in the afternoon when the crowds are the largest. Later in the evening the crowds also let up - especially if they are running the night time parade twice and open past 11 p.m.

Of course, for your situation, this won't work since they are playing in the morning (and I assume won't be able to be out too late, either), putting your available park time at the peak crowd level time each day. It is possible that many of the Fastpasses will either be gone or at least be for much later in the day at that point. For me, a crowded afternoon in a Disney park is better than an afternoon of being most other places... so I would say make the most of it and enjoy, with the right expectations of how much can be seen/experienced.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am thinking it is not a good idea but I guess we could make things work by visting more Downtown and Boardwalk.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

cheers

rob

Touringplans has those days (week before / after) as either 8 or 9 out of 10.. so pretty crowded. You have to decide on paying for tickets, etc and if its worth it for half days, etc.

luv

It is very hot, humid, crowded and often rains in the late afternoon or evening. HOT. HUMID. CROWDED. RAINS.

There. Now you can't say you weren't warned. :)

bethymouse

I think everyone has said it all!:eek:
We usually go to the parks early morning.
If I were you, I would go in the late evening ( a bit cooler) and ride the rides you like during the parades and/or fireworks. Work it into your schedule to see the parades/fireworks sometime, but I wouldn't like the crowds during the day, unless we used fast pass!:eek:
Also check out easywdw.com. It's a free site that will give you an idea of the crowds!:)
Go and have fun! Drink lots of water!:)

merry68

We've gone the past several Julys, and I didn't mind the heat, humidity, and the entire country of Brazil. But the crowds seemed heavier in 2012 than in the past few years, and we always went the 3rd week of July to end of the month. ON the plus side, there is no free dining, so we were able to get ADRs pretty much the same day at most of the decent table service restaurants.
I think if you do a bit of planning about which attractions are most important to you, that you will be fine. It is crowded but it's never been so crowded that Disney had to close in phases like we see at Christmas or Easter. We go at a slower pace then we do in late November mainly because of the summer heat. We aren't morning peeps, but last summer, we did get up and were at the parks when they opened and we were able to get a lot done before the crowds really started filing into the parks and before the temps really started climbing.
Good luck and have fun! I always told my kids that sweating at Disney beat sweating at home on our back patio. LOL!!!

chipndale09

Original Poster
once again , thank all for the advice! :)

Does anyone know where can I get feedback for the Disney Cup Soccer tourni? No one here as heard or had friends of friends (ya know what i mean ;) ) kids play in the there.Just curious how it is handled and how well it is run.

cheers

JIMINYCR

but a crowded day at disney is still better than the best day at work ;)
If you plan well and are able to take advantage of the EMH's you can get quite a lot done in a day despite the crowds. Get an idea of what you really want to do vs what you arent really dont mind missing and plan accordingly. Expect to encounter long lines but you can work around the crowds and even with the crazy tour groups you can avoid the areas they are congregating in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom