What are "Gifts of a Lifetime?"

rd0127

Original Poster
I was reading someone's trip report and they set up one of these "Gifts" up for their child at Epcot. I did a search at the WDW site and came up with nothing. I am curious, what is it?

justducky78

Hi!

Gifts of a Lifetime is a company that helps plan special occassions that take place in the parks. They can plan something for a birthday or engagement or any event that involves a treasure hunt, photography, flowers, parties...

For instance, my husband proposed to me by planning a treasure hunt throughout the magic kingdom with clues leading me to the beach at the polynesian where he proposed. We're young at heart so it was fun! :D

They'll work with you to come up with an idea and set it in motion.

Here's the link: http://www.giftsofalifetime.com

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
welcome to the boards.... fellow birminghamian.

EDIT: i read the question a little differently then above.... deleted my answer since it was wrong.

poohbear6103

justducky78 said:
Hi!

Gifts of a Lifetime is a company that helps plan special occassions that take place in the parks. They can plan something for a birthday or engagement or any event that involves a treasure hunt, photography, flowers, parties...

For instance, my husband proposed to me by planning a treasure hunt throughout the magic kingdom with clues leading me to the beach at the polynesian where he proposed. We're young at heart so it was fun! :D

They'll work with you to come up with an idea and set it in motion.

Here's the link: http://www.giftsofalifetime.com

Hey just ducky78, what a small world (no pun intended :D ) I was also proposed to by my now fiancee at Disney and he lead me on a hunt all throughout the Magic Kingdom and we were staying at the Poly and we are from the Chicago Burbs!

For everyone else, they are a great company to set up any special occassion. My fiancee said they are great to work with and very detailed oriented. Thanks to them, I had the most magical engagement and great mementos and pictures that they took along the way.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Being the poster that had set up a gift for my child, the Gifts of a Lifetime pixies set up an "EPCOT Family Amazing Race" for my son and I to do:

We started at the EPCOT Pin Trading station and were provided with instructions and some stuff we would need. Our first task was to trade two pins that were provided with CMs, first at Image Works and then at Mission: Space. We had to take a picture with the CM showing the new pin we'd traded for. Then we had to find our next clue "behind a brown-eyed princess doll".

We headed for Mouse Gear and found the dolls, sure enough our clue was tucked behind Jasmine on a shelf. That clue sent us to Mexico to ride "Rio del Tiempo" and then to Norway to find puzzle pieces that a troll was pointing to.

The puzzle formed our next clue, first we had to ride Norway [Maelstrom] then to Germany to find a German-speaking CM to translate our names into German [that didn't work so well, "Monty" doesn't really translate :lol:]. Then our next clue would be in a Christmas tree, there's a shop full of Christmas trees, so we searched.

That sent us to Italy to find a Disney item in a flower planter [there are lots in Italy!] We split up and whoever found it got a bonus prize. I found a Mickey key ring on a postcard that sent us to Japan.

We met a pixie who made us eat some rather awful dried-fish and crackers snacks from Japan before giving me some chocolate-dipped cookie sticks as my bonus. Then we had to find a U.S. State quarter in a tea pot in Japan [carefully... we break it, we bought it!] We found the quarter and headed to Morocco to find our next clue near a camel.

This clue said "One full minute of belly dancing must be done before you are presented with your next task by someone nearby", so off we went looking for a belly dancer! Oops :brick: WE were supposed to dance for a minute! [You actually have to read the clue!]. The pixie who was supposed to witness our dancing chased us down and told us to READ! She watched as we danced :eek: and then gave us a task of making a list of words out of the letters in "Mary Poppins" totalling 2 times DS10's age! That was hard, but one word had to be a six-letter word! We finally came up with it with a clue from our pixie and received our next clue.

We had to go to the UK to find our next clue in a Harry Potter book [See! I knew HP was in Disney World! :lol:] We had to get a photo of the Eiffel tower and one of each of us on the bridge on the way.

The HP clue said to go to Canada and find the pixie that had started us off... Would we finish on time? We did. DS then had to show the stuff we had had to get along the way and was declared successful. He was then presented with his booty - A Disney version of "Scene It" DVD trivia game and a lanyard with a pin from each of the four WDW parks.

I had ordered the DVD game on-line, GOAL picked up the lanyard and pins. The event took two hours to complete and cost approx $400US total [they have a range of prices, from under $300 to whatever you want...]. It was great and worth every penny for the pleasure my son got from it.

GOAL has a questionaire you can fill out about the person you want the event for and they do the rest. They sent me two different options with associated costs and I picked the one I liked best. Jane at GOAL was just wonderful. I can't say enough good things about them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom