What’s A Park Song You Can’t Stand?

Ice Gator

Original Poster
I’m sure “It’s a Small World” will likely be the obvious choice for many of you, but for me… honestly I can’t stand “Nothing Can Stop Us Now” from MMRR. It’s like nails on a chalkboard and sounds a bit too off beat for me to enjoy at certain parts.

Anyone else have a song or music loop- heck, even a sound effect- from the parks that drives them nuts?

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
It isn't currently being used at WDW thankfully, but it's a park song nonetheless, which is "It's a Good Time" from not just the infamous Mix Magic show, but also from the old Move It Shake It street party and the pandemic era Mickey cavalcade before 10/1/21

The reason why I hate this song a lot is because it's more annoying than catchy, it manage to continue playing at the parks and Disney Cruise ships way past Mickey's 90th, especially with Mix Magic as it just insults me that the only non-Disney Jr Television Animation IP they use everywhere is the Paul Rudish produced Mickey shorts(especially with this nighttime show, I defend these humorous shorts and MMRR is a great ride), and it's also disgusting that they can't use any of the other non-Disney Jr Television Animation characters in the parks not based on existing IPs and characters like Luz Noceda, Cricket Green, Molly McGee, or Dipper & Mabel Pines, etc., even if they all have their fans, and lastly it's an overrated song.

It's a Good Time is trash

Ice Gator

Original Poster
It isn't currently being used at WDW thankfully, but it's a park song nonetheless, which is "It's a Good Time" from not just the infamous Mix Magic show, but also from the old Move It Shake It street party and the pandemic era Mickey cavalcade before 10/1/21

The reason why I hate this song a lot is because it's more annoying than catchy, it manage to continue playing at the parks and Disney Cruise ships way past Mickey's 90th, especially with Mix Magic as it just insults me that the only non-Disney Jr Television Animation IP they use everywhere is the Paul Rudish produced Mickey shorts(especially with this nighttime show, I defend these humorous shorts and MMRR is a great ride), and it's also disgusting that they can't use any of the other non-Disney Jr Television Animation characters in the parks not based on existing IPs and characters like Luz Noceda, Cricket Green, Molly McGee, or Dipper & Mabel Pines, etc., even if they all have their fans, and lastly it's an overrated song.

It's a Good Time is trash
Had to search it to remember what you went and- YUP. Really not a fan of this song either. I remember it from WDW promos a few years back.

One song that I actually loved being used to market the parks was OneRepublic's "Good Life", which had a music video shot at Magic Kingdom around 2012.

McMickeyWorld

This is going to be controversial, but "Vistas de México" doesn't bother me with the Spanglish. There are many songs that use it, and I really like them, but in this one, it simply isn't harmonious; it gives me a lot of cringe xdddd and "Around the World" (DLP's Pride) is so bland and boring. In many parts, the lyrics are like something a child with no creativity would write.

Cmdr_Crimson

Had to search it to remember what you went and- YUP. Really not a fan of this song either. I remember it from WDW promos a few years back.

One song that I actually loved being used to market the parks was OneRepublic's "Good Life", which had a music video shot at Magic Kingdom around 2012.
I get a kick out the fact they had omitted this part of the song ...

Sometimes there's airplanes I can't jump out
Sometimes there's bull that don't work now
We all got our stories but please, tell me
What there's to complain about

Yep, committing suicide and dealing with real world problems just to take in that sweet WDW goodness...
pacha-just-right.gif

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Epcot's recent attempt before the new loop arrived and made youtube Internet Study mixes a music Loop in the park..I'm not kidding! If I just put this random '"Study mix" for example...Your guaranteed to hear it at Connections, Creations or at the Entrance plaza..

Mireille

Premium Member
I dunno... I have my favorite songs there but I like any song I hear in Disney World because I'm in Disney World. I'm not local so if I'm there, I'm on vacation and it's only been recently I've been able to go even once a year so any annoyance I might start to build up to any of the music has worn off by the time I'm back.

MickeyLuv'r

I’m sure “It’s a Small World” will likely be the obvious choice for many of you, but for me… honestly I can’t stand “Nothing Can Stop Us Now” from MMRR. It’s like nails on a chalkboard and sounds a bit too off beat for me to enjoy at certain parts.

Anyone else have a song or music loop- heck, even a sound effect- from the parks that drives them nuts?
Not the parks, but the Celebrate song they play (or used to play?) at Chef Mickey's. The lyrics featured the word celebrate! over and over and the restaurant would start playing it at 7am. Every guest staying in that half of CR can/could hear it from inside their room, loud enough to wake many people up. Even if you were already awake, it was annoying.

NickMaio

Nothing.....
Absolutely nothing ......

Nothing Can Stop Us Now feels like it wants to be Post Modern Jukebox so bad, but the failures are many and instead of having simplistic, catchy lyrics it's just...

Yeah maybe I'm a bitter little hater. Maybe this is the only Disney song that gets on my nerves. It's probably a sign of my age. I'm immune to Small World but this? UGH.

I have friends who still tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and it's the "best song the Disney Parks has come up with for a ride in a long time." I can debate that. I really can.

aladdin2007

Nothing Can Stop Us Now feels like it wants to be Post Modern Jukebox so bad, but the failures are many and instead of having simplistic, catchy lyrics it's just...

Yeah maybe I'm a bitter little hater. Maybe this is the only Disney song that gets on my nerves. It's probably a sign of my age. I'm immune to Small World but this? UGH.

I have friends who still tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and it's the "best song the Disney Parks has come up with for a ride in a long time." I can debate that. I really can.
your not alone....its forgettable and did not catch on like they planned...but were stuck with it.

WorldExplorer

What's its competition in the "best song in a long time" category? I don't remember any other rides with original songs unless we're going back decades. Unless they're counting instrumentals?

Ice Gator

Original Poster
Please don't throw anything at me.

I did not like the Splash music from the ride. It was so garbled, I couldn't even figure out what the words were, just some voice with a country twang.

I didn't hate it, but it wasn't my favorite.
No I know exactly what you mean. If you listen to the Splash soundtrack on its own, it’s quite pleasant. On the ride itself though? Oof.

Different pitches of older animatronics with audio that doesn’t always work, combined with the sound of the ride itself in a compact, echoing space would always make it sound garbled to me too, at least until the final boat scene with Zip.

Ice Gator

Original Poster

Glad I’m not the only one.

I’ll add that Mickey and Minnie’s ear-piercing singing doesn’t help it in the slightest. I really love the new Mickey shorts and prefer mischievous Mickey over the polite corporate version, but (I could be completely wrong here), the voice for that Mickey sounds much more high pitched than usual- like they’re trying to make him more annoying than usual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom