WestCot Ideas

Big Baloo

Original Poster
I have often thought about how great it would be if Disney built a third gate in Anaheim. WestCOT was a planned theme park that was to be built at the Disneyland Resort, but DCA was built instead. I spent some time dreaming up some attractions for WestCOT and I would like to share them with you all.

First, I should explain that the park would be situated where the parking lots are, all the way from Disneyland Hotel north up to Ball road. The parking would be relocated to the South of the hotels in a massive parking complex.

My WestCOT would not feature a Future World and the World Showcase would have lands based on Continents (not Countries). So, the City Of Tomorrow would feature a World Bazaar entrance and the Seven Continent areas.

Big Baloo

Original Poster
Once you pass through the entrance gates, you enter World Bazaar. It is a smaller area, think Port of Entry at Universal's IOA, not Main Street U.S.A. It would have gift shops, featuring all the different merchandise from around the park (including authentic nic-nacs and clothing from many different countries), restaurants and fast food stands with a variety of different types of food from all around the world.
images

images

images

images

images

Big Baloo

Original Poster
When you come to the end of the World Bazaar road you encounter a long narrow body of water. This is the 7 Seas Lake. All around the lake are the Continent themed lands. Turn left and the first land will be Asia. This area will have facades themed to Indian, Thai, Chinese, and Japanese architecture. There will be restaurants and gift shops that have authentic offerings, from these places.
images

images

images

The first attraction would be Jasimine's Flying Carpets, a double spinner ride like WDW's Dumbo the Flying Elephant, themed to the movie Aladdin.

images

Tokyo Superbike Race would be another ride, featuring a Motorbike roller coaster ride system. This would be an indoor coaster, with dark light effects likeRock N Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, on a race through modern Tokyo.

220px-Velocitytrain.jpg

Check out this video too see a this ride type in action, jump ahead to 1 min 40 sec

Mulan's Great Adventure would use the Haunted Mansion ride system. The back of the buggy would be made to look like a Chinese paper umbrella. The ride would tell the story of Mulan similar to The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

images

Big Baloo

Original Poster
The next land we encounter is Antarctica. The land is "snow" covered, hilly, barren and mostly empty. All the Cast members wear parkas here. There are two attractions in this land and only one lone building that is themed like a research station. It houses a gift shop, washroom, ice cream snack shop, and the entrance to Penguin Express. This ride uses the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride system. The train ride features all of the different types of Penguin as animatronics, and it is explained as a fast and fun way to see the birds.

images

images

Here is a preview of the ride vehicle from D23

The other attraction is located under the lake. You enter through an Ice Breaker ship
images
and descend to the "submarine" attached to the bottom on the ship. My Journey to the Deep attraction is a 3D simulator ride in a theater, much like StormRider in Tokyo DisneySea. In the ride, you cruise around Antarctica before diving down and seeing blue whales, leopard seals, and narwhals. Perhaps you need to rescue another submarine in distress as part of the story, to give it some drama. Check out a clip of the StormRider to get a sense of the ride.

Big Baloo

Original Poster
The next land we come across is South America. The land transitions from the hilly snowy landscape of Antarctica to mountainous Manchu Picchu area inspired terrain, then there is a more jungle-ish airplane hanger area, before moving into a plaza with Spanish colonial architecture.
images

images

images

The first attraction, located in the Manch Picchu area, is Yzma's Secret Lab, a spinning coaster like Crush's Coaster found in Disneyland Paris. The ride follows Yzma's many attempts to destroy emperor Kuzco. The ride is based on the Emperor's New Groove movie.

Here is a video of Yzma and her henchman Kronk going to her secret lair.

And here is a short video of the spinning rollercoaster being built in DLP

In the jungle section of South America the attraction is Mystic Rhythms, a dance show imported from Tokyo DisneySea. It is housed in an old airplane hanger.

Check out this video to give you an idea of the show.

In the plaza with Spanish colonial architecture, we find an Argentina steak house, a food court with South American cuisine, gift shops, washrooms, and a ride.
images

Up, Up, and Away is a ride based on the Disney/Pixar movie Up. Like Peter Pan's Flight or E.T. Adventure, Up, Up, and Away is a suspended dark ride, with an overhead track giving the guest the feeling of flight. The attraction follows the story of the movie, with extended scenes over South America. The ride vehicles are in the shape of a house, like the size of a big doll house, and the overhead suspension system system has a balloon facade.
images

Big Baloo

Original Poster
As you come to the end of the 7 seas lake, you round the corner and come across the North America pavilion. It is split into two areas, a wild west themed side and an area made to look like New York city. Representing the past and present day, and west and east sides of this continent.

In the Wild West area there are two attractions. The first attraction is one of the most famous rides to never have been built, Western River Expedition. This ride is similar to Pirates of the Caribbean, but with a Cowboy flavor. You can read all about it here...
http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyworld/westernriverexpedition.php
images

or watch a detailed video about it here.

The other attraction is a small, but cute, live show featuring trained animals showcasing their talents. Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends, based on the 1995 animated film, was a live-stage performance in Animal Kingdom and I think it would be a nice addition to my WestCOT.
images

Here is a video of the show

Big Baloo

Original Poster
You go around the bend and come into Times Square. There are gift shops, places to get a drink, pizza restaurants, and hot dog stands. The attraction here is based on Marvel characters, which fits well as most of their Super Heroes are based out of NYC.
images

images

The ride is called Avengers: Break Out. The story of the ride is that there has been a break out at the Super Villain prison and you need to help the Avengers round them all up. This ride uses the same ride vehicles as Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, but with a twist. While for most of the ride you feel like you are in a S.H.I.E.L.D. ATV, with 4x4 like movement, there are times when you encounter Villains that will lift up your car and tilt it over to the side, or be spun around when a wind controlling mad man comes your way. The big thrill of the ride comes when the master of magnetism, Magneto, picks up your car and throws you through a wall, that you thought was solid, and you plummet sideways down 50 feet!
images

images

Big Baloo

Original Poster
Now, heading back south, you cross a bridge and enter into the Africa pavilion. There is an open savanna area, featuring Pride Rock from the Lion King movie, and a more tree filled jungle area.
tumblr_m5mlyjA0tE1r6zwcko1_500.jpg

The Lion King - Simba's Quest is an attraction housed bellow the berm. You enter into Pride Rock and descend underground where you get into little boats that are painted with Zebra or Cheetah motifs. The ride is completely below the surface, due to the limited space of the park. It is similar to It's A Small World in that it is a slow moving boat ride, with a heavy focus on songs, but the animatronics are more detailed. The ride tells the story of Simba growing from cub to king.

In the more tree filled part of the Africa land there are 2 more attractions and some African styled huts that sell souvenirs, refreshments, and snacks.
fantee-huts-ashanti-colony-in-africa-1800s.jpg

Rafiki's Crazy Carousel is a Merry Go Round with African animals instead of the typical horses. A large statue of Rafiki is on top of the ride. A meet and greet area is near by featuring explorer Mickey, Rifiki, and Timon.
images
images

crop

The final attraction in Africa is called Night Safari: Flashlight Fun. It is much like Monster's Inc: Ride and Go Seek, found in Tokyo Disneyland, but with animatronic animals that move or do something funny when you shine your light on them. There is also a scoring system too, so you can compete with the guest next to you to see who spots the most animals.

Here is a video of Monster's Inc: Ride and Go Seek, in case you are unfamiliar with this ride.

afar28

Wouldn't parkas be a little hot in Cali? :p haha love your ideas though! I think te Emperors New Groove is one of the more underrated Disney movies. I love it!

Big Baloo

Original Poster
Continue heading south, back towards the entrance of the park, and Australia comes into view. The area is made to look like the Sydney Opera House and the Royal Botanical Gardens that is behind it.

images

This pavilion houses 2 attractions and a wildlife exhibit. As you walk through the gardens, there are areas that feature animals unique to the continent, like Kangaroos and Kola Bears.

In the Opera House replica you can watch Finding Nemo the Musical, imported from Animal Kingdom.
images

Also housed in the Opera House building, is Fly with the Rescuers Down Under. This ride is an overhead suspended roller coaster. The attraction that I imagine is a dark ride featuring animatronic Bernard, Miss Bianca, and Jake the Kangaroo Mouse. The ride flies over models of the Australian outback and is meant to simulate the flight the golden eagle takes Cody on in the movie and later you defeat the evil poacher, at the end of the ride.

The ride system doesn't really exist right now, as I imagine it to be a cross between Manta at Sea World Orlando and Flying Super Saturator at Carowinds park. So, it would be a dark ride that is not as intense as Manta, but a bit more fun then Super Saturator.

Big Baloo

Original Poster
The final pavilion is Europe. It has 3 attractions, many restaurants, gift shops, and rest rooms. To set it apart from Fantasyland's European village feel, this area will be themed to modern London, Paris,
images

images

and also have a snow-less (to differentiate from the Matterhorn) Mount Olympus.
images

Big Baloo

Original Poster
In the London themed bit, there is a One Hundred and One Dalmatians attraction. It is a fun little dark ride that is similar to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. You rush around in buggies and try to help find all 101 dogs and rescue them from Cruella De Vil.
images

Big Baloo

Original Poster
In the Paris section, of the Europe pavilion, a clone of the Ratatouille ride from Disneyland Paris would be featured. The attraction, not built yet, is rumored to feature the trackless ride system of Pooh's Honey Hunt from Tokyo Disneyland. The ride could see guests follow Remy in a chase through the kitchens, in vehicles shaped like pots and pans. Naturally, there would be a Ratatouille restaurant to coincide with the attraction.

images

Big Baloo

Original Poster
The final area and ride of this park is set in ancient Greece and is themed to the Hercules animated movie. The ride is simply called Mount Olympus, and it features Hercules fighting the many mythological Greek monsters. Guests board chariots, that are pulled at the front of the line by Pegasus, so basically it is like a train, but instead of a locomotive at the front, there is a winged horse. The ride is similar to Expedition Everest, but at the climax of the ride there is a huge Hydra monster blowing fire as you swing by it backwards!

Big Baloo

Original Poster
So there you have it! If anyone wants to share any thoughts on my park that would be great. I think it would be a good move for disney to add a 3rd park to California, because then people would take a week long trip to Disneyland, instead of just a couple of days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom