Weekend Getaway with the GF, who has never been

Was bored and had no plans for the weekend so I decided to take the GF to Disney for the weekend..I know, I know 10 hour drive, but Disney is worth it.

DAY 1
To begin she has never been and was more than excited, she is also deaf and while I can sign it is tough to see in the dark. So we get there and immediatly hit EE which was working beautifully..Steam on trains worked and Yeti in A mode. TTBAB broke when we went on it and Dino was good....Shot over to EPCOT which for her was unbelievable, she loved it...For once I found someone else who loves SE. Even though the Wireless Captioning System was flaky and she couldn't hear them she enjoyed it nonetheless. TT had the cones working and the picture was hilarious due to the fact she didn't hear the truck horn and there is no reaction from her in the picture. MS was good, same as ever and Soarin' was just as spectacular. LS was packed for some odd reason and JIYI was well empty as it usually is.. :-(

After Futureworld it was off to World Showcase which is my favorite and slowly became hers...She still can't get over ROE...

DAY 2
Magic Kingdom: get wireless captioning device which is soo cool of a gizmo.
Then head straght to POTC..captioning list says it works on this ride..DOESN'T.
But the ride is sooooo nice...the new effects are small enough not to kill the original but noticible enough to make a difference..VERY WELL DONE. She was impressed with the bass from the cannon blasts. She said she could feel them.

Splash and TMRR was always great as expected, off to HM which is noticebly darker and sound a little amped...The captioning system is funny for it says Ghost Host or Spooky Voice.Very cool again...She was reading some of the lips from riders of IASW and after riding said she was glad she couldn't hear the song...After that ride I wished it also...LOL.Space and all others were just as good as always..She told me she is falling in love with Disney. So off to finish our adventure with Disney Studios. Jumped on ToT and RnRC which all seemed to be running great and LMA which she was awestruck with, and after seeing it numerous times, I still am also. Indy was next where the captioning system was not working. So while I missed the show signing to her she could barely watch me as she was so caught up in the show. She loved it, finish up with TGMR...Which a word to the wise(tell the guide that someone will be reading their lips) If not he gets kinda weirded out from someone staring him down...I found it funny, too funny. He caught on after I signed to her and then faced her from then on out. It was good and he was a great guide. To finish the night with Fantasmic was a great way to end a weekend getaway. We now have another Disney freak on our hands. She was worried how she could like the rides or shows, but Disney is always on top of things to help everyone enjoy. KUDOS to all the CM's and Disney who made her first trip an awesome one. We will be back for our annual trip in Feb. See ya'll then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom