Week of Veteran's Day

mikepaj

We are planning on going to WDW from Nov 6-13, which is the week of Veteran's Day. I picked November because it is value season and I heard the crowds are not as bad. Am I negating that benefit by picking a week during a holiday? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

MsSpinShady

Us too!

We'll be there the same week, and I was worried also when I realized it was Veteran's Day. But I re-checked our kid's school calendar and they don't get any time off for Veteran's Day, so I imagine it won't have much of an impact if schools are not letting out for extended weekends.

Would really appreciate hearing from someone who has actually been down there during this time before, though. :wave:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I was there at that time in 1999. Not that it is the whole country, but all NJ schools are off that week for a Teacher's Convention and it is notoriously take a family vacation week, usually to Disney. Not that the parks will be packed, but I expected a slow time to be more "slow." But still wait times were fair with park closings quite early.

You'll ahve a tremendous time, don't worry!

Upvote 0

KSdisneydad

Not Bad

We were there last Veteran's Day for a short trip around a conference I had.

We honestly did not even know it was Veteran's Day until we saw some Disney pin's that said Veteran's Day 2003.

We had a great time. The crowds weren't too bad (Mission Space was a zoo but it had just opened); our room was discounted and the weather was mild even though it did drizzle nearly all day long one day.

Enjoy -- wish we were going back this year

Upvote 0

frazierle

We got caught in the whole NJ and Veterans day thing last November. The crowds were heavier than I thought it would be for that time, but by no means un-bearable. Some days the major rides would have a 45 - 60 minute standby. 2 hours later it could be 10 minutes, just strange. It was like the crowds were moving together, get out of sequence with them and hardly any waits. The year before we went the last week in October and the crowds were much smaller then. One perk was that they keep MK open later than advertised most of that week. We had a good time, expect folks to be there and have fun.

Upvote 0

DizneeFanatic

I went on Veterans Weekend about two years ago . Dont worry, its really not that bad. Lines were short, weather wasnt too hot, and we easily got into resturants. This is probably the only federal holiday when Disney is not too crowded (Beware of Presidents Weekend!!!). Good luck and dont worry.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom