Weddings

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I believe one of our members, Main Street USA did

lesm2425

hi my sister was going to but it turned out to be very expensive and not what she wanted.

she got married in cypress gardens.

what wonderfull place , still got very good memorys of it as i was the best man.

les m , uk.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Jessie Johnson

I was also going to do the Disney wedding but it worked out very expensive so we got married at Cypress Gardens and I must say it was an incredible day that I wouldn't change for the world but I have a feeling that Cypress Gardens is no longer open. But in the uk the brochures have lots of alternatives to a disney wedding.

Hank Scorpio

Getting married July 05, and would have loved to have had it at WDW. However, the reason we are not is because we want all our friends and family to be present on that special day and there was no way that we could afford (or our guests for that matter) to fly them all to Florida to be with us.

ltbeach

magical dreamer and I are going to renew our vows there next year. (15 year anniversary). It is expensive enough just doing a renewal let alone a full blown wedding. There are several websites out there from private countries that can assist with a disney wedding to save money.

JBSLJames

Congrats. :sohappy:

I was able to get married in Cincinnati, not quite WDW but not too bad in my book. We did honeymoon in Charlseton SC, my favorite city on Earth. So how does any of this deal with the topic? ? ? still trying to find a connection.

Maybe this thread could be reversed; "How many marriages have ended because of WDW?"

wdwmom2+1

I was married at disney may 5, 2002 :) it was wonderful and a great experience we were married at sunset point at the polyneision hotel BEAUTIFUL. if you have any questions or anything let me know :)
Cherie

Mr. Tom Morrow

We were married at the Yacht Club on February 1, 2001 with 40 members of our immidiate family and close friends from all over Canada in attendance. With the right planning you can get a large group to your wedding and it can be done without breaking your bank! We did it! We also had a Disney themed party when we returned home for our extended family and friends.

Disnycrazy

My husband and I are huge disney people and we wanted to go and elope and get married. But being the only girl in the family the parents got involved and we were unable to. My husband and I however are moving to Florida at the end of next year. We have decided for our 5th Wedding Anniversary we are going to do a private vow renewal ceremony. We have only been married 2 years but it is never to soon to start planning. I can't wait.:sohappy:

BeachClubVillas

I have always wanted a Disney wedding but I know it will never happen because it's so expensive :cry:

A friend of the family got married in front of the castle, at night. They actually closed the park for the wedding! And the bride pulled up in Cinderella's coach. I saw pictures and it was sooo beautiful. I can only imagine how expensive though. Side note: I didn't get to go because I only 10 and children weren't allowed. Umm...a Disney wedding but no kids allowed?? A lot of people just brought their kids and did the in-room baby-sitting for the actual wedding but my parents were mad and boycotted the whole thing on behalf of me and my brother :sohappy:

FanofDinsey1981

I really wanted to have my wedding there, but the distance and price was well out of reach. we are getting married here in illinois, so our friends and family can come. but jason already promised me that we would do a vow renewal in disney some day.

I have seen a few different weddings going on there, one at the wedding chapel (we were walking the beach when they were coming out) and one at the Grand Floridan. very cool, and very beautiful.

Tenny317

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
I have always wanted a Disney wedding but I know it will never happen because it's so expensive :cry:

A friend of the family got married in front of the castle, at night. They actually closed the park for the wedding! And the bride pulled up in Cinderella's coach. I saw pictures and it was sooo beautiful. I can only imagine how expensive though. Side note: I didn't get to go because I only 10 and children weren't allowed. Umm...a Disney wedding but no kids allowed?? A lot of people just brought their kids and did the in-room baby-sitting for the actual wedding but my parents were mad and boycotted the whole thing on behalf of me and my brother :sohappy:

Hey well I'm 19...haha and my mom and I got into this Disney wedding thing over the summer, not that I have a fiance or a boyfriend for that matter! But we move on...haha....my mom and I ordered the tape and it was cute. Anywho I found out just to stand in front of the castle without doing anything for example no priest, dress, chairs, etc. is $55,000!!!!!!!!! That is insane!! You should spend $75,000 on your wedding! Sorry I'm a New Yorker, big weddings here! My dream though is to get married at Disney and have the reception at Epcot or the Animal Kingdom hotel. I have a website for you wedding goers to check out!!

http://www.yourfairytale.com/weddings.html

This explains alot and shows alot of pics!! Enjoy! :)

LoriMistress

From what I have heard from other members, it's very outragous. Just to have one bouquet of flowers (for the bride) costs over a hundred dollars. It would be very cute and romantic to have your wedding at DL/WDW but you could use the money to buy yourself a house!

I just had my honeymoon at WDW.

CMTinkerbell99

I got married there

My husband and I got married at the Wedding Pavillion on 02/02/02. It was amazing. I loved every moment of it.
We plan on doing a vow renewal either for 20 th or 25 th anniversary.

Mr. Tom Morrow

We were married in WDW on February 1, 2001. Our total cost was about $10,000 for a party of about 40 people. Disney does a wonderful job and can do just about anything you want them to do if you have the budget! However, with proper planning and a lot of thought, we were able to have the wedding we wanted that also fit into our budget. Our ceremony took place at the Yacht Club Resort Gazebo. Our day started with a character breakfast at Chief Mickey’s, the ceremony, dinner at Ariel’s which is a dinning room at the Beach Club Resort and a desert party at the United Kingdom lower terrace inside Epcot for a private viewing of Illuminations. Following Illuminations pretty much all of the childless adults went on to the Atlantic Dance Hall before calling it a night. I should also mention that about half of our party also took a private Keys to the Kingdom Tour at the Magic Kingdom the day before the wedding. I know, your thinking how did we do all that for only $10,000?

Well we wanted to have, and give a memorable event for our families so we cut all of the extra junk that a normal wedding would have. The only flowers used were the bouquet for the bride. We used over head music for dinner instead of hiring a band or D.J. which was fine since we only ate dinner there anyways. We didn’t hire a photographer, but we did purchase a doz. disposable cameras for our family’s to take pictures, we ended up with tones of beautiful shots. Because all of our wedding events took place in one area, we didn’t require any transportation. We had no decorations for our dinner, which was fine since Ariel’s is already nicely decorated. We’re very down to earth people, so the food items we selected weren’t the most expensive on the menu, but since its Disney it was all excellent food anyways. We were also able to count the Chief Mickey’s breakfast and the desert party in our meal requirements. We did however hire a violinist for ceremony and dinner as our entertainment. This was awesome as he played all the usual Disney music before the start of the ceremony, Some Day My Prince Will Come when I walked down the isle and Here Comes the Bride when my wife walked down the isle. I should also mention that we we’re in WDW for almost three weeks with most of the nights on property, which went a long way to fulfilling our hotel room requirements. Did I mention that we got one free night in the Honeymoon Suite at the Wilderness Lodge!

hoppypooh

We got married at WDW... on the boat at "It's A Small World."
(Please no comments! :eek: - It has a special meaning for us as we have both done tours as UN Peacekeepers with the Canadian military.) Our reception was at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

In any case, while it's true that Disney weddings can be VERY pricey - if you work with them and prioritize you can avoid breaking the bank. Personally I think it's worth it, because the whole experience was a dream come true (pardon the expression.) :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom