Wedding Ceremony in Room?

kimberley13

Original Poster
My boyfriend and I would love to get married at disney world. It would just be the two of us. I called the disney wedding hotline and they said the cheapest package price is $2500. I really don't need anything fancy. I would be happy getting a suite at the boardwalk inn and getting married on the balcony with just an officiant. Would this be aloud? Not sure if they can stop an official ceremony from happening if it's not through Disney weddings.

Weather_Lady

I'm not sure if they'd stop you, but you might want to take a look at some of the non-Disney hotels on/near Disney property (e.g., Bonnet Creek area) that offer wedding packages. Perhaps you can find something more reasonably-priced (for just a room and a private location for the ceremony), where you wouldn't need to worry about somebody coming along and spoiling your special day by trying to stop you.

http://www.orlandoweddinghotels.com/our-hotels/

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I attended a lovely wedding two years ago that was exactly as you describe. Suite at Boardwalk, a friend that performed the ceremony and a few guests. I was very honoured to be included as one of the guests.

wild01ride

Just to clarify, you can't get married according to Disney's policies because they want you to contract their wedding services but that doesn't mean you cannot have an officiant come to your room and perform a legal marriage.

I know a couple who had an officiant go with them to the Boardwalk wedding area and perform literally a flash-mob type of a wedding ceremony! These people can now say they were married at Seabreeze point, although it was a very hurried ceremony! LOL!

If your plan is to have just the two of you with an officiant, don't hesitate to stay on property and follow your dreams! After all, it will be your wedding day with a lifetime of memories!

Congratulations and best wishes for the most magical day you can dream of!

Tony the Tigger

Actually I called about this two years ago. We just wanted to do a vow renewal, and did not want to pay the big fee because we wouldn't have the guests to justify it. I asked if we could just bring the officiant on property, if there was a quiet place near our room where we wouldn't bother anyone - and they told us as soon as you bring an officiant on property, it has to go through Disney Weddings and incur the fee.

So we ended up doing the vow renewal at home, the evening before our trip to Disney, and incorporated some subtle Disney touches at home. It turned out really nice, I wrote about it on another thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ey-into-your-vow-renewal.903761/#post-6872196 You may find some useful ideas there!

R W B

We had a normal big wedding but the marriage license had to be signed by two witnesses so you might not be able to have it be just you two, gotta have a couple people to witness it.

Personally Id just go look for another couple around the resort that looked like they would be cool and ask them to come do it. If I was asked to witness a random wedding I would lol.

mm121

could you go with the its better to ask for forgiveness than permission motto?

maybe you could have a friend get ordained online or something, then while they'd be legal, disney never would really need to know

especially if the plan is to keep it small

i'm guessing the reason for the strict rule is so people dont try to hold a huge wedding in the middle of mainstreet or blocking the whole front of the castle for free or about a billion other places that would be a people traffic/security nightmare if people tried to bring cakes and whatnot into the parks

Simba's Mom

Well, I admit that I've thought of this, too, but the problem seems to be an officiant. Most of the potential officiants in Orlando are unwilling to go against Disney policy about on-property weddings. I suspect that the only way around it is if you knew an officiant from home who'd be willing to do it in exchange for a free WDW trip. Otherwise, good luck finding anyone in the area.

mm121

Well, I admit that I've thought of this, too, but the problem seems to be an officiant. Most of the potential officiants in Orlando are unwilling to go against Disney policy about on-property weddings. I suspect that the only way around it is if you knew an officiant from home who'd be willing to do it in exchange for a free WDW trip. Otherwise, good luck finding anyone in the area.
thats why i mentioned having a friend get ordained, your going to need witnesses anyways

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom