Weather Question

disneyorbust09

I'm heading down in 9 days (yay!), and looking at the weather, only July 7th (the first day I'm there, and the only day of my trip I can see the weather for) lists scattered thunderstorms with a 60% chance of rain as the forecast. Now, do you guys think this means it'll rain all day, or just the usual passing showers that always occur? I hope its the latter...

MissM

Typically, this time of year is the rainy season in Florida. We tend to get a burst of heavy rain for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or so a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but usually not an all-day thing.

If there is a front that's moved in, it could cause a rare, all-day shower, but normally, that's not the case. I'd keep an eye on the weather the next couple days as your trip gets closer to see what type of storms are predicted. If they say, "scattered showers/scattered thunderstorms" it's likely just typical rain patterns and nothing to worry about in terms of duration.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

disneyorbust09

Original Poster
Typically, this time of year is the rainy season in Florida. We tend to get a burst of heavy rain for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or so a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but usually not an all-day thing.

If there is a front that's moved in, it could cause a rare, all-day shower, but normally, that's not the case. I'd keep an eye on the weather the next couple days as your trip gets closer to see what type of storms are predicted. If they say, "scattered showers/scattered thunderstorms" it's likely just typical rain patterns and nothing to worry about in terms of duration.

Have fun!

Awesome, that's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks so much! I'm a worrier, and I tend to jump to the worst case scenario all the time. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

When we went in mid-may it called for rain all 7 days. We had 4 days without any rain at all and it was beautiful out. Unfortunately the 3 days we did have rain were from 4pm to 10pm without breaks. I just think in Florida it's always hit or miss. You could get just a few minutes of rain, or longer, or none at all. I wouldn't worry too much, because it isn't going to rain every day, and when it does rain it clears crowds out of the parks. So bring a poncho & enjoy the small lines if that happens. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom