We Leave Today!

strutter

Original Poster
I can't believe the waiting is over. We will be leaving somtime this evening. Just finishing last minute packing. Then we will pile into the car for our 20 hour drive from Northern Michigan. Our 5 year old daughter is so excited. This is her first trip. I will file a trip report when we return. Yippee!

:sohappy:

Sherm00

Originally posted by strutter
I can't believe the waiting is over. We will be leaving somtime this evening. Just finishing last minute packing. Then we will pile into the car for our 20 hour drive from Northern Michigan. Our 5 year old daughter is so excited. This is her first trip. I will file a trip report when we return. Yippee!

:sohappy:

Have a great time.

driving, we did that the last few times we went, it's not fun, just make sure you stop at south of the border thats a pretty neat tourist trap.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by strutter
Then we will pile into the car for our 20 hour drive from Northern Michigan. :sohappy:

Hey, you guys have a great time - just out of interest - what do you do on such a long drive ?? Does the 20 hours include stops, sleeping time or do you and another adult alternate the driving ?

Chropistopy

Have a wonderful time. I leave tomorrow to drive down to Port Canaveral for a cruise on the Wonder which leaves on Thursday. I'm in the excitement mode also!!!

strutter

Original Poster
The 20 hours is a rought estimate. We usually only stop for gas and rest room breaks. We pack a pretty big cooler with snacks, sandwhiches, drinks. We usually listen to CD's to pass the time. Play some of the old travel games, like looking for all the different license plates. Or daughter is taking her Leap Pad game. We are almost done packing. We have to stop at her school. Her first day of kindergarten is the day after we get back. We need to find out about bussing and who her teacher is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom