Pre-Trip We don't have to stay at a VALUE????

So I've been following these reports for ages now and have never done one. Thought this would be the perfect time to work on a pre-trip report and maybe it will inspire me to do a full trip report when we get back.

Little back story here...We have been to WDW 2 times with our kids in the last 4 years. We are currently on an every other year pace. My DH swore that the last time we were there in 2018 was it until we did a trip to include Universal (we don't want to do Universal till the girls are tall enough to ride all rides).

Fast forward to December and my in-laws stopped by to let us know that they were gifting each of their 3 kids and their families a trip to Disney. To say I was excited would be an under statement. Surly my DH would not say no to a FREE TRIP. We were told that we could pick where we wanted to stay. My BIL and his family were choosing AKL, which to me was insane...I do Disney on a tight budget. We decided that we didn't want to take advantage of this amazing offer and choose a moderate, being that we always stay at a value, this was very exciting for us. My DH was fully in...LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!

mlee10

Original Poster
The kids are fully in count down mode! We have 38 days until we leave! Thanks to some great advice from @Auntdj1971 I went out and discovered the tier change for HS. I was able to add FP's for the day we arrive at HS and got RnRC, SR, and ToT all back to back!

My youngest has tasked me to help her make a countdown chain, so we will start work on that this weekend!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Wow, what a great gift. I too just stayed at POR because of all the pictures in @riverside TRs. Although we had more “down time” than we’ve had during previous trips, we still didn’t take advantage enough of the beautiful grounds. It’s amazingly peaceful - never heard people above us or even next to us (which is saying something, because I am convinced the expression “sawing logs” was coined after someone heard my BIL snoring!

mlee10

Original Poster
Stella and I completed our countdown chain. I'm not the most crafty person but like the way it turned out. 37 days!
20200123_192447.jpg
20200123_192429.jpg
20200123_192510.jpg
20200123_192501.jpg

mlee10

Original Poster
We are down to 30 days and I have to say that I don't feel any where near as stressed as I have on previous trips. I think it's a combination of the girls being older, feeling like I know what I'm doing now and also just a sense of having a more laid back trip this time. I don't feel like we need to be park warriors this time. The girls know what the do and don't like so the first 4 days will be about enjoying our time together, our next 4 days will be about making sure the girls have a fantastic time with their grandparents!

mlee10

Original Poster
Less than 2 WEEKS! Getting pretty excited. I have the kids all packed already and will work on my bag this weekend. Knowing DH he won't even think about packing until the Saturday night before we leave....and we have to be up at like 4 a.m. on Sunday to get to the airport...Wish I could procrastinate like that and not have my anxiety go thru the roof!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Less than 2 WEEKS! Getting pretty excited. I have the kids all packed already and will work on my bag this weekend. Knowing DH he won't even think about packing until the Saturday night before we leave....and we have to be up at like 4 a.m. on Sunday to get to the airport...Wish I could procrastinate like that and not have my anxiety go thru the roof!

We are close to the 2 week mark and I'm holding off on packing until next week. I'm also trying to hold my excitement down a little, at least until we hit single digits.

mlee10

Original Poster
We are close to the 2 week mark and I'm holding off on packing until next week. I'm also trying to hold my excitement down a little, at least until we hit single digits.

It's hard to hold the excitement down with two kids in the house! Next week is going to be crazy....not sure how I will keep them distracted from the excitement!

mlee10

Original Poster
In other news....my infant nephew was just diagnosed with Influenza A yesterday and guess what me and the girls spent the day doing on Monday............yep, we were babysitting said nephew. If we get Influenza I'm going to freak out!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
In other news....my infant nephew was just diagnosed with Influenza A yesterday and guess what me and the girls spent the day doing on Monday............yep, we were babysitting said nephew. If we get Influenza I'm going to freak out!

Yikes! I hope you stay healthy. Drink lots of water and take your vitamins!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Annnnnndddd I'm SICK.......Started Tamiflu....At least we still have 9 days till we leave!

Oh ick. I'm getting over a cold, it isn't fun but I'm glad I got it now instead of in WDW. Hopefully you will recover quick and we will both be healthy for WDW!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Now 8 yo DD has confirmed Influenza A. Hoping and crossing all fingers and toes that we all feel better come Sunday morning.
Also, hoping this isn't a sign of bad things to come on vacation...

I hope your DD feels better soon and the rest of you stay healthy. Hopefully this isn't a sign of bad things to come on vacation but more of getting the bad done before the good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom