WDW with the In-laws (really not that bad)...

Hi All, got back on Sat. 13 and had alot to do so sorry for the delay in this report. Also had to upload a ton of photos and they're coming soon.

Sat. 9/6: Started trek @ 5 am to leave our troubles behind! Was a 7.5 hour drive so thank god for TV/VCR combos or else our 2 1/2 yo may have been bored out of his skull. Arrived at Orlando International to pick up my Mother- and Sister-In-Law and went to our resting spot: Orange Lake Resort on 192W - Very nice place with lots to do (golf, miniputt, tennis, pool, daily activities, spa, etc.) After dropping off our things went to dinner and shopping at Orlando Premium Outlets. Headed directly to Character Premiere for some Disney souvenirs at fantastic prices. Called it an early night for the real fun tomorrow.

Sun. 9/7: Nobody could sleep the night before so we headed for the MK pretty early. As we drove up to the Maingate, we all finally let out a simultaneous "We're here!" and said "Hi" to the pics of Mickey and Minnie on the side of the gates. Decided to take the ferry over and it was the right choice. Dale was on the boat so it was a great opportunity to take some pics. Strangely, not many folks approached Dale, instead decided to simply look out into the water:confused: .

First ride was for the kid, since he was so good thru-out the drive down so off to Fantasyland we went. Hit MAOWTP first. Wife decided to videotape this and we realized: Even with the stabilization feature on, when the honeypot starts bouncing after seeing Tigger, you will not get a clear shot. :lol: IASW was next, this was what our son was waiting for. He absolutely loves this ride. The smile on his face when we were finally on the boat made coming here worth it. :D I even joked with the wife that we should just move down here to be closer to this ride. When we came thru the "Farewell" room, he looked at me and said, "Dada, one more time?" Now how could I say no? You guessed it, one more time. Headed for Cinderella's Carrousel next but along to way I had to stop and admire the work done on Mickey's PhilharMagic. I got a peek inside the store adjacent to the exit area when some CM's were going in to do some work. Looks like it was all set and ready to open. I asked them how things were going and they said that all was on schedule. Too bad the AP preview event was going to take place after we left.
:cry: While on the carrousel, noticed once again that our little boy had this silly grin plastered on this face. If I sound like a broken record, forgive me but THIS is why we came down here!

Next was the HM and a ride with the grim grinning spooks. I love reading the headstones and the stretching room. Mom-in-law was alittle spooked cause she's wired a little tight for things like this but she made it like a champ. No "one more time" from the little one (Dakota) when this ride was over.

Before we knew it, it was lunch time and we had reservations to the Crystal Palace and an appointment to meet the residents of the 100 Acre Woods. You've gotta understand, my wife (Virginia) is a Pooh fanatic and all of her Disney clothes only has Pooh on it. In fact our wedding was Pooh themed! Instead of table numbers we had them listed as Pooh related names: Tigger, Piglet, Owl, Christopher Robbins, etc. And would you believe our cake topper was not a figure of a bride and groom but Tigger and Pooh? Honest! As we were seated to our table I smelled all the great food just sitting there ready for us to dig in and only then did I realize I was hungry. It's funny how while having a good time you forget to do things like eat. We all ate like we haven't eaten in weeks. The sauteed veggies where outstanding and the baked salmon was great. Everything offered on the carving area was sampled too, in fact twice:D . But of course the main reason for coming here was to meet the gang and when they made their rounds they didn't dissappoint. We must've taken 150 pics (it seemed that way) and fun was had by all. Especially me when I met my main man, Tigs. Always bouncing and glad to see you. Hint to any visitors: If you sing the Tigger song (you know, "The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is that Tiggers are a wonderful thing.......") he really seems to like it. Made me feel better.

After lunch, went off to Tommorrowland for the offerings there. Rode Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and a final ride with AE. Man I hate to see it changed. Oh, well. In case you didn't read my thread about a run in with a foul mouthed parent while waiting to take a pic with Buzz, just let me say that I think all people who use profanity in front of their kids while visiting WDW should be tarred and feathered and put on display in Liberty Square.

Methinks I'm getting too long-winded now so to summarize the rest of this first day: we all ate a Mickey icecream bar for break and had a fantastic time watching A Dream Come True Parade. We rode as many rides as we wanted and ended the day with another ride @ IASM "one more time". :lol:

More later, hopefully I'll learn to tell my stories more efficiently and with less blabber.

tiggerlover1971

I loved the trip report cant wait to hear more I am a tigger fan and like your wife has everything with tigger on it LOL loved your wedding theme MINE WAS Mickey and Minnie with a Mickey and Minnie cake topper so I know what that my husband is saying the same thing you are saying

wdwhoneymooner

Original Poster
Monday 9/8 : Headed out for EPCOT and our first ride with M:S. Absolutely no wait times to really speak of. Rode Spaceship Earth first, love Jeremy Irons' narration but I do miss Walter C's version too. Thought about how this may change to another type of thrill ride as mentioned on other threads so I made sure to enjoy myself one last time (?). Always enjoy the smell of smoke when we pass by the ruins of the Dark Ages.

M:S is FANTASTIC! Since there wasn't anyone behind us, I tried to note all of the details along the queing area. Love the large wheel and controller's console. Was surprised I wasn't feeling the effects too badly, but on my second time around decided to be brave/stupid and look over to my co-passengers. Biiiiiiig mistake. Felt slightly nauseated for about 15-20 minutes after the second ride. :lol:

Went to all of the pavillions in Future World and had lunch @ the Land. Took a leisurely stroll around the World Showcase and rode Maelstrom twice. Again, very low foot traffic so we were able to take photos and see everything we wanted with out much of a hurry.

Left for MGM @ 4 pm and hung around to see Fantasmic. I really do love it when there's no headwind and the water spray screen doesn't shower you every 10 minutes :D . Rode ToT (one of my favorites) and struck a pose for the photo op. Was the only one with a stupid grin on while everyone else had that "Holy S _it!" look.

wdwhoneymooner

Original Poster
Originally posted by Punkss
Looks pretty quiet there, was there anybody else around?

Almost no crowds to speak of during our trip. Most kids were back in school by then and peak vacation period had passed. It was great for us because we were able to take our time on everything and the service we received at Disney restaurants was even better than usual.

Tues. Sept. 9 : Took the day off from parks so we shopped at the Premium Outlets again and stayed by the pool. Got some fantastic deals on many things and bought most of our souvenirs for friends there. As for the pool: saw this one fella who resembled the man Lilo took a picture of on the beach from Lilo & Stich. Close your eyes and try to envision what I mean: wide girth, pale torso (except for the arms) and funky swimtrunks. This guy could have been the model for the movie :lol: . I really don't want to sound mean because I may be that same fella in a few years......

Wed. Sept 10 : Headed out for Animal Kingdom and rode the Safari first. All of the animals seemed to be out and about including the cheeta. I always thought of it to be an enigma since I never saw one on past trips. But lo, there it was looking straight as us as our vehicle passed by. Also had the pleasure of seeing my first baby elephant. I think the driver said it was a few months old and weighed over 300 pounds already. It stayed close to mom(?) and still had its baby fuzz covering it. Went on the KaliRiver Rapids too. Mom- and Sis-In-Law got soaked! I barely got sprayed so they got me as we disembarked by giving me a group hug. Family............:)

MouseMadness

No, Andy, you are not long winded... this is a great report. And yes, the looks on the faces of hte little ones is what it's all about. I hope to capture some on camera during Wishes next week. You've got me even more excited to go now. :) Thanks! :wave:

wdwhoneymooner

Original Poster
Thur. Sept. 11 : Headed out to MGM again for some fun but also kept in mind all of those who's hearts were heavy on this solomn anniversary. Saw plenty of folks who wore t-shirts & hats that either had the image of the American flag or sayings such as "Not forgotten".

Went to see Playhouse Disney, Live first. Great show for kids that watch the Disney Channel. Our host, "Jamie", was electric and had the audience excited and involved. This wasn't our first time watching it but it was the first time we filmed the entire show. Dakota watches a part of our vacation tape at least once a day and loves this section. Headed out to Muppets 3-D and tried to note all of the gags & jokes in the waiting area. Like the net hanging overhead with jello-like cubes in it: A net full of jello......Annette Funicello(sp). I still think this preshow is one of the funniest around!

Had lunch next door at Pizza Planet. Dakota finally realized that we were in the "same" Pizza Planet as Toy Story this time when he saw the rocket with the claw at the top. His expression at the very moment of recognition/connection was priceless! Did the BackStage Tour and was wishing it was coverted back to the way it was so many years ago. It had so much more substance back then. Kinda just hung out for a couple of hours more darting in and out of shops and shows (finally saw Beauty and the Beast) and ended the day with a ride on Tower of Terror and a slushie.

Fri. Sept 12: Slept in late then went for one last visit to MK. I'll give you one guess which ride we went to first..........."There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware". Did that twice right off the bat then wandered around without much of a plan. Thought about going to Goofy's Diamond Horseshoe show again but decided against it. Still not much of a crowd this day. Lines were very short and quick except for the time that TMAWTP had some mechanical difficulties. No matter, this was going to be our last trip for a little while so we just enjoyed ourselves with Mickey icecreams, Dole Whips, Popcorn and such.

Ended the day with a ride around the park on the Train and "one more time" on IASW. As we were walking back down Main Street USA, headed for the gates, I started to drift back on all those smiles I saw and the great week we were lucky enough to have spent as a family........

"Good-bye, good-bye, good friends good-bye
Cause now it's time to go.
But hey, I say, 'Well thats OK'
Cause we'll see each other soon, I know.........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom