WDW Wedding Locations

honeymooner05

Original Poster
My sister is thinking of getting married in WDW. What are some other locations, besides the Wedding Pavillion, that people have seen weddings take place? We saw one on the beach at the Beach Club, it was beautiful!

ready2go

Here is a list of some.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Disney's Wedding Pavilion - for the ultimate Disney Wedding. Standing on its own private island, and surrounded by majestic Seven Seas Lagoon, Disney's Wedding Pavilion is a glass-enclosed enclave fashioned after a grand Victorian summer house. Swaying palm tress envelop the solarium, which offers a picturesque backdrop of Cinderella Castle.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2. Disney's BoardWalk, Sea Breeze Point - all the charm and flavor of a Mid-Atlantic boardwalk is here at this quaint, white wedding gazebo located just off the boardwalk, on the shores of Crescent Lake.
[/FONT]
3. Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Wedding Gazebo - evoking the tun-of-the-century splendor of New England seashore resorts, the Wedding Gazebo is located within a colorful rose garden.
[/FONT]
4. Disney's Polynesian Resort, Sunset Pointe - located on a grassy hill laden with lush palm trees, Sunset Pointe overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon, with Cinderella Castle providing a romantic backdrop.
[/FONT]
5. Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Sunrise Terrace - nestled within towering stands of pine tress, Sunrise Terrace overlooks beautifully landscaped gardens and sparkling Bay Lake.
[/FONT]

darrin933

When I have one it will be at the Polynesian at the pointe. I have seen a few there and it seemed very nice for smaller weddings which I will have. I am not sure how much that costs.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
There are also some in park locations for custom or what they are now calling "wishes" weddings. A minimum expenditure for a wishes wedding on a weekday during a non holiday time is $10,000.

Epcot:
UK
Italy
Germany
France
Japan
American Adventure
Living Seas

MGM:
The Great Movie Ride: Ganster Scene, Western Scene, and Wizard of Oz Scene

Magic Kingdom:
in front of Cinderella Castle. Last I heard for that location the cost was $12,000. That's just to rent the location not for the wedding itself.

I've heard of weddings in the lobby of the Tower of Terror and also in the Haunted Mansion. I think you can get married just about anywhere on property if you're willing to pay the price and the area is able to accomodate your guests.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
When I have one it will be at the Polynesian at the pointe. I have seen a few there and it seemed very nice for smaller weddings which I will have. I am not sure how much that costs.

Sunset pointe is a beautiful location. It can accommodate 10 people including the bride and groom.

Teenchy

My sister is thinking of getting married in WDW. What are some other locations, besides the Wedding Pavillion, that people have seen weddings take place? We saw one on the beach at the Beach Club, it was beautiful!

One of the most helpful things would be to visit the Disney wedding site and order a planning kit.
http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/gate/index.jsp

Its true that any thing or place you could think of is pretty much open ....as long as you have the $$ to spend. I know the $$ thing for a fact...see my wedding link in signature.

BTW I used to work close to Columbia MD, now in Virginia.

Bug715

When I get married at Disney it will be at Sea Breeze point at The Boardwalk. A few weeks ago there was a wedding there almost every day. I passed a few. I took some pictures of the area. PM me and I can send them to you. Also I saw practice for a wedding at either the swan or the dolphin. We passed it when walking from their boat dock to the bridge to the boardwalk.

sunnyeclipse

I believe the best place to do a proposals and get married at disney world is at magic kingdom at night.For weddings def. at night when the castle is lit up diffrent colors.And for proposals at the magic kingdom during the fireworks display I think the show is called wishes you want magic you got magic.talk about dream come true..

wdwfan100

Here is a list of some.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Disney's Wedding Pavilion - for the ultimate Disney Wedding. Standing on its own private island, and surrounded by majestic Seven Seas Lagoon, Disney's Wedding Pavilion is a glass-enclosed enclave fashioned after a grand Victorian summer house. Swaying palm tress envelop the solarium, which offers a picturesque backdrop of Cinderella Castle.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Disney's BoardWalk, Sea Breeze Point - all the charm and flavor of a Mid-Atlantic boardwalk is here at this quaint, white wedding gazebo located just off the boardwalk, on the shores of Crescent Lake.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Wedding Gazebo - evoking the tun-of-the-century splendor of New England seashore resorts, the Wedding Gazebo is located within a colorful rose garden.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Disney's Polynesian Resort, Sunset Pointe - located on a grassy hill laden with lush palm trees, Sunset Pointe overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon, with Cinderella Castle providing a romantic backdrop.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Sunrise Terrace - nestled within towering stands of pine tress, Sunrise Terrace overlooks beautifully landscaped gardens and sparkling Bay Lake.[/FONT]

We had a room that over looked the gazebo at the YC this past Oct. We checked into out room and we able to see a wedding. It was a very nice venue.

TomHendricks

We got married at the Yacht Club gazebo and could not be happier. We went and looked at the Wedding Pavilion, but to be honest unless you have a lot of people its rather large and to be nice, its really dated. Besides the people who attended our wedding, we have many other people stop and watch and watch from their balconies. I can't tell you how many times the next day we were stopped by random people complimenting us on our wedding.

051974-0164.jpg

051974-0331.jpg

051974-0703.jpg

051974-0170.jpg

051974-0283.jpg

We had a room that over looked the gazebo at the YC this past Oct. We checked into out room and we able to see a wedding. It was a very nice venue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom