WDW Web Cams

dvcmooch

Original Poster
I don't know how many of you on these forums remember the WDW Web Cams that you could view of the 4 theme parks. They weren't the best images, and I think they refreshed about every few minutes or so. But they were neat, just gave you that urge to want to be there. Well, unfortunately, they are gone and have been gone for several years.

Now, thru ustreamtv, you can see occasional Web Cams provided by WDW guests who are willing to share a little bit of their experience. They are better cameras but not located in the parks. They allow us to see views from their resort. Many of us WDW fans watch these Cams and listen to the sounds around the resort, reminiscing about past trips and getting excited about our next trip.

To the point, HEY, WALT DISNEY WORLD, you are missing a great opportunity for some powerful advertising! Great trips make for GREATER MEMORIES! And for many, these great memories give us that tremendous urge to return to WDW to build even more memories. Sometimes, those "spur-of-the-moment" trips can be the best ones!

So, how can we, as a collective of WDW and Mickey fans, get this idea across to the "powers-that-be"? Can you imagine a good quality Web Cam mounted somewhere on the Train Depot and aimed right-up Main Street USA!? How about mounting a Web Cam in front of Spaceship Earth where you can see families entering the park. Or, how about a Web Cam aimed up the center of the path with the Tree of Life in the background. And finally, a Web Cam at the entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios with Mickey's wizard hat in the background. Live images of all of those families entering the parks for a day full of adventure and fun would just wet my appetite to plan another trip. Jiminy Cricket! I'm getting excited about my next trip just typing this ! ! !

Let me know what you think and lets find a way to contact the right person at Walt Disney World. Hope to see you there soon !

.... DVCMOOCH ....

Ijones88

Yeah, I miss those webcams. I would watch those every day after work. Maybe someday they will bring the cameras back. :wave:By the way, we live in the Raleigh,NC area...where in NC do you live?

Only 14 days left!!!!!!:sohappy:
All-Stars Movies

IDreamOfDisney

Yeah, I miss those webcams. I would watch those every day after work. Maybe someday they will bring the cameras back. :wave:By the way, we live in the Raleigh,NC area...where in NC do you live?

Only 14 days left!!!!!!:sohappy:
All-Stars Movies

I miss them too. I watched them decorate the castle for the 25th. Put up the wand in Epcot. Then the change to 2001. But they never made it. 9/11 happen. Anytime I see a image of the parks I get that urge.

Disney is missing out on a free advertising tool. :veryconfu

Just a reminder please be carefull about posting private information on the boards.

wdwCC

I don't know how many of you on these forums remember the WDW Web Cams that you could view of the 4 theme parks. They weren't the best images, and I think they refreshed about every few minutes or so. But they were neat, just gave you that urge to want to be there. Well, unfortunately, they are gone and have been gone for several years.

Now, thru ustreamtv, you can see occasional Web Cams provided by WDW guests who are willing to share a little bit of their experience. They are better cameras but not located in the parks. They allow us to see views from their resort. Many of us WDW fans watch these Cams and listen to the sounds around the resort, reminiscing about past trips and getting excited about our next trip.

To the point, HEY, WALT DISNEY WORLD, you are missing a great opportunity for some powerful advertising! Great trips make for GREATER MEMORIES! And for many, these great memories give us that tremendous urge to return to WDW to build even more memories. Sometimes, those "spur-of-the-moment" trips can be the best ones!

So, how can we, as a collective of WDW and Mickey fans, get this idea across to the "powers-that-be"? Can you imagine a good quality Web Cam mounted somewhere on the Train Depot and aimed right-up Main Street USA!? How about mounting a Web Cam in front of Spaceship Earth where you can see families entering the park. Or, how about a Web Cam aimed up the center of the path with the Tree of Life in the background. And finally, a Web Cam at the entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios with Mickey's wizard hat in the background. Live images of all of those families entering the parks for a day full of adventure and fun would just wet my appetite to plan another trip. Jiminy Cricket! I'm getting excited about my next trip just typing this ! ! !

Let me know what you think and lets find a way to contact the right person at Walt Disney World. Hope to see you there soon !

.... DVCMOOCH ....

As discussed before they were removed for "security concerns", and considering the cost cutting going on, I doubt they will make a return. I for one also miss them and thought they were good marketing.

dvcmooch

Original Poster
I can understand security concerns since 9-11, and it's a shame that our society has moved into communities of paranoia, but what kind of a security risk would be found in a Web Cam? Of course, the Cams will show that the theme parks are crowded. But, that's normal almost everyday. And, as far as individuals are concerned, the Cams are far enough away from the guests that faces would not be recognizable. I guess when liability comes into play . . . . well, you know the rest of the story. Still, I would like to talk with some WDW official and float some ideas.

Ijones88 . . . we begin our trips to WDW from an area a little south of Greensboro.

dvcmooch

Original Poster
Hi Ijones88 ! We are a little south of Greensboro. By the way, we will be staying two nights at Port Orleans Riverside and 4 nights at the Villas of the Wilderness Lodge starting Nov. 28th. Careful, you might bump into a fellow Tarheel!

wdwCC

I can understand security concerns since 9-11, and it's a shame that our society has moved into communities of paranoia, but what kind of a security risk would be found in a Web Cam? Of course, the Cams will show that the theme parks are crowded. But, that's normal almost everyday. And, as far as individuals are concerned, the Cams are far enough away from the guests that faces would not be recognizable. I guess when liability comes into play . . . . well, you know the rest of the story. Still, I would like to talk with some WDW official and float some ideas.

Ijones88 . . . we begin our trips to WDW from an area a little south of Greensboro.

I can understand not showing people, so for example the camera on Main Street, just tilt up and zoom in to just show the castle. It's my opinion they wanted to take web in a different direction and the web cams didn't fit. if security was that big of a concern, the camera over at Swan and Dolphin looking over at Epcot would have disappeared at the same time.

Ijones88

Hi Ijones88 ! We are a little south of Greensboro. By the way, we will be staying two nights at Port Orleans Riverside and 4 nights at the Villas of the Wilderness Lodge starting Nov. 28th. Careful, you might bump into a fellow Tarheel!
We'll be at ASM Dec 1-5, just look for the only guy wearing shorts and a tank top in the middle of the cold weather....that would be me!!! Hope to see you there!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom