WDW wearing a heart monitor

wendysue

Soooo....my sister just informed me that she has been fitted with a heart monitor that she has to wear for 30 days. This means that she will have to have this on for the entire trip. Am worried about getting through the airport, riding any rides, etc. Has anyone had experience with this? TY

lazyboy97o

This is really best answered by her doctor who can advise on which type of rides are safe to ride.

TSA has alternate screening procedures for those with medical devices, but again, your sister’s doctor would be the best source of information regarding which type of screening is most appropriate. A physical pat down may be required if a metal detector cannot be used.

TSA does offer a notification card travelers can fill out to notify agents that they require alternate screening.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Original Poster
This is really best answered by her doctor who can advise on which type of rides are safe to ride.

TSA has alternate screening procedures for those with medical devices, but again, your sister’s doctor would be the best source of information regarding which type of screening is most appropriate. A physical pat down may be required if a metal detector cannot be used.

TSA does offer a notification card travelers can fill out to notify agents that they require alternate screening.
Thanks. It worried me more than her. She does not plan on canceling so will just go with it. I will let her know about the TSA site.

Upvote 0

givealtlwhstl

I was in that same situation about 10 years ago. Got the pat down at the airport but no big deal. The rides are another matter and she may want to alert her doctors of what activities she will be doing. I got off Big Thunder Mountain and got a call from the monitoring office asking if I was ok due to my accelerated heart rate. I was like, “Oh yeah I’m fine- just got off a roller coaster” 🤣🤣. Never occurred to me to let them know ahead of time!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom