WDW was crowded this weekend

MrPromey

Original Poster
Well, I was at WDW this weekend expecting walk on times for everything. Boy was I in for a surprise. There were some of the longest lines I have every seen there this weekend. The haunted mansion line stretched past the gait almost all the way to Liberty Square at one point. Even Pirates of the Caribbean had the outside line area open. Wait times for even the most simple attractions such as the carpets were at over 45 minutes! I couldn't believe it! I was so disappointed. I hardly ever go to that park because of the crowds and I was all set for a day where I'd get to do a bunch of stuff! :( ... Oh well, I suppose it's good that things are picking back up though...
I've got some new pictures of the construction in Dinoland to post tonight when I get home. The ones that I sent a few weeks back that showed area that looked like it was going to be a track were actually pictures of the 'skeleton' of a dinosaur. You can see the head being formed on one end in wire mesh. There is also some construction at the exit to Dinosaur. They shuffle you through some wooden walls on the inside and part of the outside is walled off as well. Probably just a more permanent gift shop setup but I took pictures of it anyway...
I also took some pictures of the construction on Main Street. From what I can see, It looks complete (There are working light fixtures inside it) but the wall is still up and they have not opened the area between the two stores yet.

mightyduck

I know Mondays are early entry days at MK--a good day to avoid it, as I found out. Was there anything special going on that day? Do you think all the parks were that crowded?

Keysmickey

That's a good sign that maybe we're getting back to normal, I guess. Perhaps Disney will have to revisit some of their alterations.

I tried to switch my mid-october reservations from CSR to the special 134 std. rate at AKL. Not only was the special rate not available, the Resort was sold out (I calld twice, to confirm)...
:D :D :D :D

Lofatrules

Good News

It's good news to hear that things are getting back to normal and people aren't letting this attack change their plans.

One thing that does worry me is the fact that the trips going on right now have mostly been booked for months and even years so these were a matter of people choosing whether or not to cancel a trip they have already booked and possibly already payed for. The problem occurs in sales. I can almost guarantee that sales over the last month have been way off on new trips and vacations. You may not see this affect for a couple of months or more since they were probably pretty well booked up through Christmas. The good thing is though is that if the economy straightens out people will start to schedule again and the place could fill up with lots of late bookings. I work in a hotel in NJ and we are already seeing that.

Goofyfan

Mr Promey I agree with you....it was packed over the weekend. But I must tell you, we arrived at WDW on Wed. 9/19 and had three days of TOTAL emptiness in the parks..."0" wait times on all rides and the security guards out front were literally thanking us for coming!!! You can even tell in the pictures I took on Main Street....there were more CM's on the street than visitors! It was like visiting a ghost town. But on Saturday...BAM! It was like people just came out of the woodwork and everybody and their brother was there. MK was definitely the worst. I think it was because they closed it early that Friday night and Saturday was the only time to see SpectroMagic and fireworks.

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by Goofyfan
Mr Promey I agree with you....it was packed over the weekend. But I must tell you, we arrived at WDW on Wed. 9/19 and had three days of TOTAL emptiness in the parks..."0" wait times on all rides and the security guards out front were literally thanking us for coming!!! You can even tell in the pictures I took on Main Street....there were more CM's on the street than visitors! It was like visiting a ghost town. But on Saturday...BAM! It was like people just came out of the woodwork and everybody and their brother was there. MK was definitely the worst. I think it was because they closed it early that Friday night and Saturday was the only time to see SpectroMagic and fireworks.

Blast this stupid job! :mad: Figures, I hear about how slow it's been and the first day I can go back it's packed ! :hammer:

Goofyfan

Originally posted by MrPromey

Blast this stupid job! :mad: Figures, I hear about how slow it's been and the first day I can go back it's packed ! :hammer:

It's typical isn't it?? That always happens to me too. But this trip was definitely a blessing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom