WDW Trash Cans

Rob562

Not sure. It's possible they even make them in-house at the central shops.

No, most of the ubiquitous trash cans in the parks are bought from an outside company, but then Disney re-paints them with proper color schemes and theming.

You can see the same trash cans in other amusement parks (such as this one at Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH, though it seems to be missing its flap)

Copters.jpg

Though I'm sure there are a few specialty ones that were built in-house. (The "tree stump" trash cans from Tom Sawyer Island come to mind)

-Rob

obsessedw/wdw

Original Poster
Thank you so much unkadug! I too have seen the same design at other parks (Dollywood) so I knew they weren't in-house. I work for a tourist attraction and we need new trash cans so I thought... well if Disney uses them I'm sure they will hold up!

Thanks Again!

Figment82

If anyone wants photos of WDW trash cans - I have a collection of about 110 of them! I got a bit carried away... :)

Now Disney is starting to switch over to a new style, where the handle is on the outside, and there's no indented "PUSH" on the flap - it's just flat.

After looking at trash cans for 5 months, you start to notice these things. :ROFLOL:

Rob562

Now Disney is starting to switch over to a new style, where the handle is on the outside, and there's no indented "PUSH" on the flap - it's just flat.

I read somewhere here on the forums that the mostly-unthemed cans that recently appeared in Liberty Square are just there for a test of the new door latches. If they work out, new cans will eventually replace all trash cans throughout the parks, properly themed of course. (It's unknown whether the "PUSH" would be on the permanent cans or not.)

The old latches require Custodial CMs to push open the flap and reach inside the can to undo the latch. Not necessarily a nice thought with a totally full trash can...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom