WDW Tours

TTA_guy

Original Poster
has anyone ever been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour at the Magic Kingdom, if so what is it like?

WDW John

Originally posted by TTA_guy
has anyone ever been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour at the Magic Kingdom, if so what is it like?

In '98 my wife and I did it. We really liked it and you get to see things that normally you never would even think about. For instance, we got to stand in a little plexi-glass room under Body Wars and watch the movement of the ride while it was operating. There was also a small monitor with a view of all the people on the ride. It was funny to watch because, since the camera is fixed it looks like the ride is not moving, but the people are all swaying back and forth for no apparent reason.

We also got to go into the Utilidors under MK and also did some stuff at MGM and at the Animation building.

However, one thing that annoyed us: When scheduling it my wife specifically asked if we could bring our cameras (video and still) and the response was an "Oh, Yes!". So we did. I was slightly surprised at this as I figured we'd be in areas that cameras would be frowned upon. But, I thought, whatever. As it turned out, the only places we were allowed to take pictures were "on stage" areas. Basically, anywhere you would be able to take a picture as a regular park guest. Big deal.

As I said, I wasn't expecting to be able to take pictures in the first place, but when we asked and were told yes we went to the trouble of bring them and our bag and all that when we could have easily left them in our room and not had to think about it. I would rather have been told from the start that we would be going into 'camera restricted areas'.

Other than that one small thing we enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We would do it again if they expanded it to include AK (although by now they may have, but back then AK wasn't even mentioned). It takes a long time (I think it was 8 hours) but is generally very interesting, although a little expensive.

Bagheera

John, I think that you're thinking of the Backstage Magic tour. That's the one that's about 8 hours and goes to three of the four parks. The Keys to the Kingdom tour is about 4-5 hours long and only goes around the Magic Kingdom. My boss went on it back in February and loved it. I have not had the chance yet, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I can say that Backstage Magic is awesome, especially if you get a really good guide!

WDW John

Originally posted by Bagheera
John, I think that you're thinking of the Backstage Magic tour.

I believe they changed the name of it since we went. When we signed up for the tour we couldn't remember the name and my wife called it 'Keys to the World' and the guy got a little attitude with us and said "It's Keys to the KINGDOM".

But, whatever the name was, we ended up going to MK, Epcot and MGM, which was what we wanted, and it was really fun and informative.

Dayma

They need to lower the prices of these tours. The average guest could NEVER go on them. This is why there are usually one or two couples going whenever we see it.

swhite

Has anyone ever been on the Magic behind our steam trains tour my fiance is a huge train enthusiest and we are planning to do this in Dec when we go back also has anyone ever taken the Yuletide Fantasy tour any input is greatly appreciated THX

DarkImage4

Originally posted by TTA_guy

My wife and I went on Keys to the Kingdom in July 2002. This is the 4 to 4 1/2 hours tour of the MK. We totally enjoyed and are going to do it again in less than 3 weeks :sohappy: , of course we're taking a couple friends on it so we figure we'll enjoy it juyst as much as the first time. I just hope we get a different tour guide, for a different experience.

For the most part, KttK is not a hard or grueling 4 hours of walking. It was walk a little stand and talk, walk a little sit down and talk, walk a little ride an attraction.

We worked our way up Main Street with a few stops, then headed into Adventureland. We did Jungle Cruise with front of the line access, and without the captains script. The tour guide told us some fun facts. We hopped on PotC, and afterwards headed backstage to see some of the grounds behind Splash Mt. and PotC. Lunch was part of the tour in a private room of the Liberty Tree Tavern (I think, it could have been the Columbia Harbor house). We then cut the line on the HM, and walked through Liberty Square.

We walked around the Castle and headed back onto Main Street where we went backstage again and then down into the Utilidors. After emerging from behind the other side of Main Street, we entered Town Square whee the tour ended.

I think the only thing that disappointed me at all was that we really didn't head into Tomorrowland on the tour, but was otherwise well worth it. Large bags/backpacks are checked at City Hall, and tyes, there are NO cameras on this tour. As a little perk, they did give us a bottle of water as we started the tour.

Any other questions PM me, and I'll tell you what I remember.

18 days untill be go back YAY!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom