WDW to Universal/IOA

laura_<3

Original Poster
Could I ask guest services at our resort to call Mears the day before we plan to go to Universal & IOA to make our reservation? Or would we have to do it ourselves?

Also, are Mears reliable and easy to get in contact with (as I've heard you have to call to arrange pick-up 2 hours before you plan to leave your destination)?

TIA :)

WDWKat26

You will have to do it yourselves. As for Mears, they're okay but I think there's better people available. I'd recommend a company called Sterling, they're always on time and good with their customers. 407-293-9616

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Could I ask guest services at our resort to call Mears the day before we plan to go to Universal & IOA to make our reservation? Or would we have to do it ourselves?

Also, are Mears reliable and easy to get in contact with (as I've heard you have to call to arrange pick-up 2 hours before you plan to leave your destination)?

TIA :)

Hi,

We at Quicksilver (board sponsor) also provide service from WDW to Universal. A luxury sedan (Towncar) will be $75.00 (gratuity not included) round trip.:animwink:

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Iknewagirlnamed

I highly reccomend Mears. You call them the day before you plan on going and let them know the hotel you're staying at. I did this going from All Star Music to Universal in January. I paid the driver $16.00 round trip (plus tip, so I gave $20.00 over all. You probably won't get the same driver when you come back, so tip that one as well.) They pick you up at a designated time in which you can choose from (they run the buses every hour or so throughout the day, and have return trips until 2 AM I believe) and drop you off at a designated Mears bus stop at Universal. They are very friendly and give you all the info you need. When you want to return, just call and get the times in which they will be returning to WDW.

Rob562

If you dial "0" on your in-room phone (Disney hotels, obviously), you can ask the operator to connect you to Mears for free. Mears is the company that runs DME's buses, so they have a working relationship with Disney.

-Rob

kdjf4

Transportation US/IOA

I highly reccomend Mears. You call them the day before you plan on going and let them know the hotel you're staying at. I did this going from All Star Music to Universal in January. I paid the driver $16.00 round trip (plus tip, so I gave $20.00 over all. You probably won't get the same driver when you come back, so tip that one as well.) They pick you up at a designated time in which you can choose from (they run the buses every hour or so throughout the day, and have return trips until 2 AM I believe) and drop you off at a designated Mears bus stop at Universal. They are very friendly and give you all the info you need. When you want to return, just call and get the times in which they will be returning to WDW.

I agreewith Iknewagirlnamed. I have had very good luck using Mears for trips to US/IOA. They bring the appropriate mode of transportation (van or bus) in the morning depending on the need. Since you make reservations they know what is necessary. In the norning yoiu are given a choice of three times to depart. Coming back you choose the time of your return, you just need to call them two hours prior to the time you want to leave. A towncar is nice, but the cost? I rather spond the money on dinner.

meryll83

Hi,

with the van this round trip to Universal is $90.00 (gratuity not includded).

Best rergards,

Gregory Nicolas.
Thanks again!
Does a reservation work in a similar way to Mears, eg. book your outward journey up to the night before and return journey on the day a couple of hours before you want to return? And is there a latest return time?
There's a group of at least 7 of us that will want to get to Halloween Horror Nights so this should be more cost effective than Mears, but it depends on the timeslots offered I guess - we'd want to depart in the afternoon and return late, but I know some companies only offer transport within certain timescales.

Has anyone else here used Quicksilver before? I have to be honest, I've never heard of them before....

Quicksilver

Thanks again!
Does a reservation work in a similar way to Mears, eg. book your outward journey up to the night before and return journey on the day a couple of hours before you want to return? And is there a latest return time?
There's a group of at least 7 of us that will want to get to Halloween Horror Nights so this should be more cost effective than Mears, but it depends on the timeslots offered I guess - we'd want to depart in the afternoon and return late, but I know some companies only offer transport within certain timescales.

Has anyone else here used Quicksilver before? I have to be honest, I've never heard of them before....

Hi,

Since we are not a shuttle service like the one Mears offers, we do need specific pick-up times, both to and from the attractions. If a scheduled time needs to be changed, and we have a car available, we will gladly send you one though. We work 24 hours..:)

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas

meryll83

Hi,

Since we are not a shuttle service like the one Mears offers, we do need specific pick-up times, both to and from the attractions. If a scheduled time needs to be changed, and we have a car available, we will gladly send you one though. We work 24 hours..:)

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas
That's fab, thanks for answering all my questions - I think I have just one more! :animwink:
We can book the return journey in advance, that's fine, but how far in advance would we need to book the van, eg. could we do this the day before we want to go, or would you recommend earlier?

Quicksilver

That's fab, thanks for answering all my questions - I think I have just one more! :animwink:
We can book the return journey in advance, that's fine, but how far in advance would we need to book the van, eg. could we do this the day before we want to go, or would you recommend earlier?

The earlier the better (actualy the best is to book before you leave home so we can send you your offical confirmation) just to be sure we have the car available and guaranteed for you...

meryll83

The earlier the better (actualy the best is to book before you leave home so we can send you your offical confirmation) just to be sure we have the car available and guaranteed for you...
How would you send an official confirmation to us in the UK?
And do we pay up front or to the driver?

See, I knew I'd have more questions :animwink:

Quicksilver

How would you send an official confirmation to us in the UK?
And do we pay up front or to the driver?

See, I knew I'd have more questions :animwink:

Hi,

Please place the reservation through our website and a confimation email will be sent to you within 24hours.

Payments are made directly to your driver, cash or credit.

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom