WDW Ticket Prices ???

worldshwcasefan

Original Poster
How many pepole think the ticket prices at Walt Disney World are fairly priced to let people of income class in the parks and waterparks??

ToTBellHop

I think the park ticket prices are fair--the resort hotel rates are a bit high, but the demand seems to be enough to warrant those prices. Disney charges $60 for one day and most Six Flags parks charge at least $40, so I think if any of the other parks in the country are fair, Disney is as well. Visiting theme parks is just not cheap. I have a 7-day Magic Your Way pass for my upcoming trip, and that ends up costing something like $35/day, which is VERY reasonable, I think.

natalia1681

Disney isn't about being *fair*. Sure, it sucks that not everyone can afford to go to Disney. But it isn't a necessity (although I'm sure that a few people on this board would disagree:lol: )

It's a business. Businesses are used to make $, not to make life fair. I wish that it wasn't like that, but it is. :wave:

Glasgow

Here's the way I look at it -- if you get a 5 day base ticket, that's $212 w/tax. Now if you are at the parks for 8 hrs/day, that comes out to $5.30 per hour. Not too shabby, eh? That's almost the same cost as going to the movies.

:)

timkelmom

The prices are fair and competitive. If you really want to go, you scrimp, save, and find a way. Once you are there, you forget all about what it cost you and enjoy the magic.

scottnj1966

very fair except the food and drink prices...but thats all parks

worldshwcasefan said:
How many pepole think the ticket prices at Walt Disney World are fairly priced to let people of income class in the parks and waterparks??

I think they are fair, extremely fair for Florida residents also.

The food and drinks are pretty high priced but that is anywhere you go now, look how much it costs just to go to the movies.

SteveUK

I think it has already been pointed out that Disney is not a charity - it exists to make money and I'm glad it makes a healthy profit, if it didn't then the parks would close quickly.

Also, I would rather pay a high price for a high standard, than get in slightly cheaper and see bad show everywhere. It is the attention to detail and theme that sets Disney apart from the others - and unfortunately that costs money.

I agree it a shame that many can't afford to go to WDW. But that is a social policy question and not one that can be put at the feet of Disney.

SewIn2Disney

Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson NJ is over 60 a day.....and it isn't nearly a fraction of the park that any WDW park is (although it does have Kingda Ka....)
I think a one day WDW ticket is a little steep, but I enjoy the discounts once you get up over 5 days, and I do think that is reasonable. You'd spend the same amount to go see a 3 hour broadway show, why not spend it in a day at Disney?

MinnieMommy

I think the new Magic Your Way tickets make it a much better deal! We are doing 7 days because the cost per day with park hopper option is only around $35 a day for an adult! (advanced purchase) We find ways to cut back and save so we can go! We can't always go every year, but any trip to Disney is fine by me! :sohappy:

donald23

I think the prices are fair...especially how when you buy more days you save more money. Disney definitely knows how to make business, and keep the customers happy and coming back for more.

Videoteck

I think they are reasonable but who wouldnt want them to be cheaper the better the pass you buy the better the deals are. Like if you bought a 7 day place you would save more money then if you just bought 7, one day tickets.

Nansafan

Compare the one day WDW ticket to attending a sporting event, i.e. baseball game, football game etc. A WDW is for the whole day, 8:00 AM to 10:00. The ball game lasts on average 3 1/2 hours and I think the value stands for itself. The only time I can afford to take my family to a baseball game is when the boss gives me his tickets for the game. But to each his own. There are people who'd rather save their money for WDW than spend it at a ball game and vice versa. I find the new ticket price structure quite fair.

Videoteck

Nansafan said:
Compare the one day WDW ticket to attending a sporting event, i.e. baseball game, football game etc. A WDW is for the whole day, 8:00 AM to 10:00. The ball game lasts on average 3 1/2 hours and I think the value stands for itself. The only time I can afford to take my family to a baseball game is when the boss gives me his tickets for the game. But to each his own. There are people who'd rather save their money for WDW than spend it at a ball game and vice versa. I find the new ticket price structure quite fair.

Hey my dad says that all the time lol.

hokielutz

You also have to consider the quality of the atmosphere(The Magic) and attractions that are available year round that you certainly won't find at places like Kings Dominion, Six Flags, or Dolly-wood. I don't mind paying a little more for going to Disney parks, knowing that I will get a great experience almost everytime I step into the park.
Thanks again to the cast members who work hard to help everyone have a magical day!!

bears163

i live near hershey park in PA. the ticket prices for full price are almost just as much as disney & there is about 1/50 of things to do there than in 1 disney park. so yeah the ticket prices are pretty fair. would like them to be slightly lower ;)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I've always thought the prices should be $200 a day and the parks should be immaculate and lines should be short.

(Is that bourgeois?):lookaroun

Shaman

garyhoov said:
I've always thought the prices should be $200 a day and the parks should be immaculate and lines should be short.

(Is that bourgeois?):lookaroun

You too? I've been saying that for ages! *sigh*

The poor want to live like the rich...*shakes head*

:lookaroun :lol:

For the most part, I think Disney is fair...especially with us Florida residents. :D

MissM

Shaman said:
For the most part, I think Disney is fair...especially with us Florida residents. :D
Yes and no. Is it great that my AP price is $100 less then a non-resident price? Sure. But... Busch Gardens and Sea World have all year for one day cost FL resident tickets. Or ones that come with more perks that you pay like $5 a month for. Universal does the same thing for $16/month or $180 year for both parks. There's room for further FL resident improvement I think. A montly AP payment plan would go over really well. It's why everyone else is doing it. They also took away the free park-hopper upgrade on a 1-day ticket for FL residents which makes the more casual guest less likely to want to go out for a day. It's easier to justify spending $65 for a day when you aren't stuck picking only one place to be for the entire day.

*shrugs*

So my vote is both yes and no. There are some good deals and some that could be better.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom