WDW shopping return policy . . .

Crazy4WDW1

Original Poster
Does anyone know the most current return policy for items purchsed at the parks/resorts? I thought that I read somewhere that the lenght of time for returns was shortened, but I can't recall where I saw it. Thanks.

SWatsi

When I was last there (May-June), we asked about this (my sister was buying a dress in AK, but no where to try on and besides everyone was wet from Kali River Rapids!)
The nice lady never mentioned any time specifics. Though she did say she could return it at any Park or Downtown Disney, which I never realised...

Anyhoo.. that probably wasn't very helpful for you on second thought..

Ella's Mommy

I was told that when you get home and you decide you want to return something you can return it to the Disney Store. Why u would want to return anything from Dis is beyond me but thats what I heard. Hope this helps:wave:

Crazy4WDW1

Original Poster
I was told that when you get home and you decide you want to return something you can return it to the Disney Store. Why u would want to return anything from Dis is beyond me but thats what I heard. Hope this helps:wave:

Yes, I have returned items to the Disney Store in years past. With most of the Disney Stores now closing or already closed, that may no longer be an option.

Why I want to return something from WDW is the fact that the item I purchased was defective.

Jerm

if you look at the bottom or back of any reciept, they will list all the refund/exchange policy

Crazy4WDW1

Original Poster
I have the receipt in front of me and it does not state any time line.

Thanks everyone, I faxed over a copy of my receipt and they are going to send me another keychain.

Jorden

Just to let everyone know that up until around June 25th there was no time line for returns. This has now been shortened to 90 days. There was new receipt paper brought in, so basically keeping your eye on the details on the back of the receipt is the only way to know for sure.

PeoplemoverTTA

Why I want to return something from WDW is the fact that the item I purchased was defective.

Glad to hear they took care of you and are sending you a new keychain. In a similar story, I bought really cool Mickey-shaped sunglasses a few years back (I miss those sunglasses :() that got broken by the security guys at the airport tossing around my carryon. My mom called when I got home to order me a new pair and told the CM what happened...they sent me a brand new pair for free!

Nice little bit o' pixie dust after getting home :).

Figment82

The only time line set in place for returns is on collectibles (artwork, pins, etc) where you have 30 days from the time of purchase. This was mainly put in place (esp. for pins) to prevent people from buying extras to sell on the secondary market, and return the ones that they couldn't sell afterwards.

maryszhi

i dk now the time, but you can return it to the disney store or disney world resorty. you can also ship it back. i hope this helps. call disney mail order and ask them

GrowingUpDisney

Glad to hear all of your good stories. Mine was not so magical.

I bought my mom one of the Mickey garden nome rain gages during the garden festival (it was already in the box) and brought it home and wrapped it for Mothers Day. When she opened it, the glass tube was broken.

I called Disney and they told me I was out of luck since I did not have it shipped to my home. Because I took it home I can not prove that it was not broken while I transported it.

This is against what my receipt says - which is "if you are not satisfied for any reason".

Just thought I would let you know that every CM that you get on the phone may not be so accommodating.

Niki

Miss Bell

Just thought I would let you know that every CM that you get on the phone may not be so accommodating.

Niki

I would try again on that one, if it was just this year, for the very reason you said. One CM may not have done what they should have, but you might have better luck with another. Good luck!

HeatherK

Just make sure you are specific as to describing what you bought.

My sister bought a piggy bank in one of the countries in EPCOT for her friend. It was painted like a strawberry. She had it shipped home (to ny) and when we got it, it was broken into 3 pieces. So i found the number on the recipt for my sister, she called and faxed the recipt and 2 weeks later she got her piggy bank... painted as a watermelon. My sister called and the lady said "well on the recipt is says assorted so thats the one you get" and my sister was mad. Though the friend just glued the strawberry one back together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom