WDW responds to complaints w/ a telephone call**READ**

Kevin Page

Original Poster
As a follow up to my last post emailing WDW about the cancellation of surprise mornings, reduced park hours, attrractions closing, etc. I received a phone call from "Mark" in the "Executive offices" who was more than happy to explain some things. I'll list below what we went over and yes, some of the responses are "standard issue" but hey, it was great that they called & care (most places don't give a rats patoot)

1) Surprise mornings - they were looking into eliminating this over the last few months since the # of resort guests who take advantage of this has consistently gone down. They didn't just make a sudden decision to cut it

2) They have had good response to the Character Caravan so far

3) They have received alot of email about the possible cancellation of Spectro Magic, and corporate has said nothing to them. Mark has a friend who is IN the parade and they have not been told anything. Spectro Magic is still scheduled to run its normal shows it does during this time of year

4) Buses - while they had problems initially with the "Magic on Demand" in the beginning (with bus drivers doing their normal routes or forgetting), it is working very well now and allows more buses to get people to the right place

5) The official word on Carosuel of Progress closing is that it is a rehab and no time frame on when to open. He said they they looked at maintenance costs & ride attendance as a reasoning. From the tone of the conversation he really had no idea what they were going to do with it or made it like it might be done away with entirely (ala 20k Leagues - this is MY impression)

6) Attendance is very hit or miss right now. Today, big attractions like Splash or Space Mountain had only 15-20 minute lines, but the weekends are still busy. Alot of the Florida residents realize this is a good time to go right now.

Well, nothing "earth shattering" but nice nontheless. I told him I really did appreciate the call but I still think some of the decisions by management were "knee jerk" and not needed. And that all of us hold Disney to a MUCH higher standard than Six Flags or Universal. And rightfully so due to their track record and level of customer service.

Kevin Page

WDWGuy

Kevin,

Thanks for the report on the phone call you recieved from WDW.

I was very encouraged to hear they are making those types of efforts to talk to their Guests...

True, nothing earth shattering, but you did get a response...which is good.

Steve D

epcot71

i sent michael eisner a letter 6 months ago and got a phone call back later
cool thing is i didnt leave my phone number-they actually took time to look up in phone book

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom