WDW proposal help

KingScar11

Original Poster
Hello, I am looking for some help/tips from the Disney community. I will be heading to WDW in a little less than a year. At that time, I am thinking of proposing to my girlfriend. I'm sure this topic has come up in the past, but I would appreciate any ideas that you think would make the proposal unique and special.

I have a few thoughts already:
1. The castle during Wishes. Yes that would be special, but I feel that so many others have done that and I want our proposal to be unique.

2. @ the Polynesian on the beach. To me this seems like the best place because I could have the wishes fireworks in the background and it would be special for us. My concerns are that I want to have pictures/video taken; which makes it hard for a candid proposal.

3. The wishing well behind the castle. I could have her make a wish and then ask her which would be neat, but I kinda feel that it would be random and out of place.

Any ideas or tips would be a big help!

zurgandfriend

The best proposal I ever saw at WDW was on the roof of the Contemporary during Wishes. As the show end the the groom got down on one knee and said "Do you know what I wish? That you marry me!" When she said yes we all cheered. He later said that if she had said NO he was going to jump off the roof.

wizards8507

The best proposal I ever saw at WDW was on the roof of the Contemporary during Wishes. As the show end the the groom got down on one knee and said "Do you know what I wish? That you marry me!"

I'll try to be polite with my wording...

That's the *cheesiest* thing I've ever heard in my life.

CP_alum08

I thought it was nice myself, but I'm old fashion (aka corny).

I thought it was nice too. The wording may have been a bit much, but the scene and mood were very nice im sure. As for the question; there are many stories on here about proposals. Two come to mind that may help. One was in the rose garden by the castle during wishes. The groom talked to some CM's and they pulled some strings to let the two of them (and a photographer) into the garden.

The other was on the Poly beach during wishes as well. He is an avid photographer so he had his camera set up on a tripod ready to take pictures of the fireworks.

Do some searching on here, there are lots of stories.

Best of luck to you:sohappy::sohappy:

raven

It doesn't have to be an elaborate setting. Wherever you propose will have a lasting memory so think of a place that's going to have meaning. A friend of mine proposed at the top of the hill on Splash Mountain. They kept the picture for obvious reasons. Other places that people don't think of are at the Coral Reef at The Seas in Epcot. If you set it up in advance, a diver will come up to the window with your proposal written on it. They will make sure you sit by the tank. Another one is in the rotunda of The American Adventure with Voices of Liberty backing you up. Be creative and call ahead to ask questions! :wave:

JafarMaleficent

when i proposed i did it with aladdin and jasmine my fiance and i`s fav. disney couple.I called ahead and they said they can do it. it was awesome and the photographer took awesome pics.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
After badly proposing to my DW i reproposed to her in front of her favourite character.Tink.
there was no forward planning with disney just a spur of the moment thing.
Its not always about the big display just something personal is sometimes nice:D

Kamikaze

Hello, I am looking for some help/tips from the Disney community. I will be heading to WDW in a little less than a year. At that time, I am thinking of proposing to my girlfriend. I'm sure this topic has come up in the past, but I would appreciate any ideas that you think would make the proposal unique and special.

I have a few thoughts already:
1. The castle during Wishes. Yes that would be special, but I feel that so many others have done that and I want our proposal to be unique.

2. @ the Polynesian on the beach. To me this seems like the best place because I could have the wishes fireworks in the background and it would be special for us. My concerns are that I want to have pictures/video taken; which makes it hard for a candid proposal.

3. The wishing well behind the castle. I could have her make a wish and then ask her which would be neat, but I kinda feel that it would be random and out of place.

Any ideas or tips would be a big help!

Has she been to WDW before? With you?
If so, whats her favorite attraction/place/etc? Do it there.

For your #2, you could arrange the pics/video with Disney. Just ask at the front desk and I'm sure they'd find a way to get someone there. It may cost you, though.

And for your #3, just twist it a little. Have her make a wish, then turn around and say 'my turn' and go from there.

Crazy Harry

Well, I had an idea I never got to use because I did not get to propose at WDW. As I understand it, you can charter a private boat to go out on the world showcase lagoon in Epcot during illuminations. It might be nice to propose before, during, or after on the boat.

KingScar11

Original Poster
Has she been to WDW before? With you?
If so, whats her favorite attraction/place/etc? Do it there.

I took her a year ago, for her first time and she loved it. Her favorite attraction was Pirates. The one night we went resort hopping, we both loved the Polynesian and agreed we would stay there sometime. I just want to make the moment special and unique to us.

I appreciate everyone's ideas.

cslafferty

I would first try to find out if she would rather have it done in a quieter, more private setting. My husband proposed to me at WDW. He knew it had to be during Wishes, but was torn between doing it in the park in front of the castle, or on the beach at Poly. He honestly let fate decide, because we flipped a coin to decide where we were going to watch the fireworks that night, and the beach won! Afterwards, I was so happy that's where he did it, because I had always thought I NEVER wanted to be proposed to in a public place with a lot of people around! I just feel that's such a special momment and I wanted it to be private. That's just the way I am - some girls think it's thrilling with a crowd around watching. On the beach, there was just a handful of people around, and they applauded when they realized what had just happened (they weren't close enough to hear, but saw me crying and looking at my hand!). Pictures and video would be a problem, tho, since it is pretty dark there. Let's face it, as long as your at WDW, it will be magical no matter where you choose!! Good luck to you, and best wishes!!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well, I had an idea I never got to use because I did not get to propose at WDW. As I understand it, you can charter a private boat to go out on the world showcase lagoon in Epcot during illuminations. It might be nice to propose before, during, or after on the boat.

Wait, you go out on a boat DURING illuminations? Wouldn't that be a bit dangerous?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom