WDW phone lady says you can decline Magic Band

pajammies

Original Poster
Don't know if it's true or if it's been mentioned here, but the lady I was just speaking to said that you can now (she said it's new) decline getting a new band for every trip.
I know it was just brought up in another thread about people having a stack of them, so thought I would mention it.
Again this is just what I was told, not sure if it's true. And when I talked to another phone employee about if it was new, he seemed to imply it was possible for a while. He was the guy the lady transferred me to when she couldn't answer my question about magic bands and fastpasses.

So make of it what you will, just thought I'd pass it along

Tony the Tigger

It's true – but they recommend getting a new one if your old one is close to a year old, because the batteries don't last forever. We got our newest ones in January of this year, and since we will be going three times between now and this coming January, the rep suggested we get a new one this time and then use it for the rest of our annual pass.

So to keep track of which one is the newest one amongst our stack of magic bands LOL – I had the names printed differently on the back of the latest one. That way it will be easy to identify. We are going mainly for our eight year anniversary, so on the back of each magic band I put our name and "8th" - which makes it a nice little memento also.

Rob562

It's true – but they recommend getting a new one if your old one is close to a year old, because the batteries don't last forever. We got our newest ones in January of this year, and since we will be going three times between now and this coming January, the rep suggested we get a new one this time and then use it for the rest of our annual pass.

So to keep track of which one is the newest one amongst our stack of magic bands LOL – I had the names printed differently on the back of the latest one. That way it will be easy to identify. We are going mainly for our eight year anniversary, so on the back of each magic band I put our name and "8th" - which makes it a nice little memento also.

As a side note, the only thing that the battery operates is the long-range capabilities of the Band. Right now that is strictly limited to automatic linking of on-ride photos.

Even if the battery dies, all tap-to-use functions (room key, park ticket, FP+, room charging, meal plan, manual linking of ride photos, etc.) will still work indefinitely.

-Rob

Tony the Tigger

As a side note, the only thing that the battery operates is the long-range capabilities of the Band. Right now that is strictly limited to automatic linking of on-ride photos.

Even if the battery dies, all tap-to-use functions (room key, park ticket, FP+, room charging, meal plan, manual linking of ride photos, etc.) will still work indefinitely.

-Rob

Cool - good to know – thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom