WDW: Nov. 1-9

It's been five days since I returned from Disney and I am still in depression. It doesn't help that I went from 85 degree weather to 32 degrees. Ah, the joys of New England.

Anyway, the trip was wonderful! I had a great time!

Here's my trip report (I will try to actually finish my trip report this year as I only got through half of last years):

Travelers: Me, my friends Heather, and Katie

Saturday Nov. 1st
Day One:

We flew out of Logan at 9:00 in the morning, but didn't arrive in Orlando until 2:56 due to a connection in Cincinnati. I noticed it was a lot harder this year, almost impossible, to find a direct flight. Our trip wasn't bad but by the time we got on our second flight, I was ready to be there already!

In Orlando we met up with Katie, who was coming in from DC. We took Tiffany Towncar to Coronado Springs where we would be staying for one night :( . Another great experience with TT, at least on this part of the trip (more on that later).

Arrived at CS. I absolutely love this resort. I know it's not for everyone but it's one of my favorites! Was very sad that we would be transferring to the All Stars the next day.

Once we got to our room and changed into shorts, yay!, we took a walk with the goal of reaching Pepper Market for dinner. CS is just such a beautiful resort! All the palm trees and tropical flowers! I began what would become an annoying habit of mine by taking a million pictures :D, and driving my friend's crazy.

We finally made it to Pepper Market where I discovered once again that being a vegetarian sucks! Well partial veggie, I do eat some fish.

There weren't a whole lot of choices for me there. I had eaten a lot of junk that day, having spent most of my time in airports, so I didn't really want pizza. Finally had to get one of the most expensive things there, the grilled tuna, as it was the healthiest option for me. Should have just eaten at the Maya Grill :).

We took our food to go and ate out on the patio. It was a lovely evening, not hot, clear skies. Beautiful.

After dinner, we walked around the other side of the lake (we were staying in the Cabanas); I took more pictures, friend's tolerated my annoying behavior :D . Then we changed into bathing suits and made a trip to the pool.

The evening had turned cool at this point so we spent about five minutes in the pool and the rest of the time in the hot tub. As New Englanders we were pretty excited to be wearing bathing suits in November :D .

Finally we went back to the room and changed yet again for another walk. This time our goal was dessert and margarita's. We managed to find both and check out the gift shop on our way.

Friend's then retreated to bed and I took some night pictures with my tripod. It was so relaxing to be there at night, calm and peaceful. I found a hammock and spent twenty minutes just laying there reveling in the fact that I was in Florida with palm trees and warm weather. :( I want to go back!!

leaf44

Original Poster
Nov. 2nd, 2003
Day 2:

Woke to the sound of the mickey wake up call! Yay! After getting our luggage picked up for transfer to All Star Music, we walked back the main building to check out. I took more pictures on the way :D.

After saying goodbye to Coronado Springs, we caught a bus to Animal Kingdom and then from there to the All Star Music resort. Value season began on Nov. 2nd, so we had two separate reservations to avoid paying regular season prices because of our night at Coronado Springs. This meant we had to go to ASM in order to get our park tickets and such.

It took forever to check in at ASM. I was a little depressed to see how different it was from the moderate resorts. I consoled myself with the fact that I was lucky to be staying on Disney property and that it really was just a place to sleep.

We couldn't get into our room until later so we were off to breakfast and the Magic Kingdom! I had made PS for the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian for 10:00, thinking this would be more than enough time to finish what we had to do that morning, but no such luck. The combined forces of Disney transportation and checking in to the ASM, meant we were almost an hour late for PS. Lucky for us there was space anyway so we didn't have to wait.

The tonga toast was incredible as always! Yum. I think it's actually better that we ate later as I'm not sure my stomach could have taken it earlier :D . After breakfast we walked around the Polynesian for a few minutes before it was off to the MK.

Since we had two days planned for the MK (one of which the park would be open till 11:00pm), we decided to take it a little slower. We headed to Adventureland and the Jungle Cruise first. I love this ride, the jokes are awful but that's what makes it fun. Besides it reminds me of when I was a kid at Disney!

After the JC, we walked through the Swiss Family Treehouse. There was a bit of a traffic jam here, and you had to kind of follow the crowd or risk being pushed down the stairs.

Next we hit the Tiki Room (still miss the old version), and Pirates of the Caribbean. I love Pirates, and it was neat to ride on it after having seen the movie. We were disappointed though that the Pirates gift shop had no merchandise from the movie. The cast member we spoke to said they had gotten a few posters when it first came out, but since then nothing. Very strange.

As we were leaving, Captain Hook and Smee were posing for pictures so we stopped to have one taken, then it was on to Frontierland!

tbc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom