WDW Jobs

fusionblaz

Original Poster
Got a serious question for someone that actualy works at WDW and can help me out. I have been considering getting a job at WDW but wanted to know exactly how it all works and like how easy it is to get a job there. I have heard so many people say they hate working there and some say they like it. Are they really picky with your previous work experiance? or are they easy going so to speak? Also, and most of all, What position should I apply for? I really do not want to get myself stuck in a nasty position I will regret lol. Personally I was kind of interested in working behind the scenes or a position where you are not dealing with guests all that much, mainly having to speak to guests. I actualy kind of wanted to work with the parades like being the person that just walks next to the floats or someone that takes care of the floats in the back. Of course I am sure they get paid crap or you have to have technical experiance. Another issue is the pay as I heard it really sucks. Is differant positions differant pay rates? Or how does that work? Or is it pretty much garenteed I will be getting paid like 7 a hour?

Sorry for writeing a big book here. I just really need some honest and serious input and not sure where to ask this.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disney hires all ages and all experience levels.

From the first time job seeker to the seasoned executive and all levels in between.

Apply for a job that interests you.

Disney's starting pay is $7 per hour, with lifeguards and bus drivers making more ..... I would say about 95 percent of the jobs involve guest interaction ..... of course, the best perk is free park access, but you also get discounts to all kinds of area merchants

ImaYoyo

Disney's starting pay is $7 per hour, with lifeguards and bus drivers making more ..... I would say about 95 percent of the jobs involve guest interaction ..... of course, the best perk is free park access, but you also get discounts to all kinds of area merchants
It's actually closer to 58%.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Stay in school. Then go to college. Then go to grad school. Then get a real job and go to Disney as often as you want.

There's a huge difference between working at WDW and being a guest at WDW.

Lindsy1052

Stay in school. Then go to college. Then go to grad school. Then get a real job and go to Disney as often as you want.

There's a huge difference between working at WDW and being a guest at WDW.

Disney is the "Happiest Place on Earth" for everyong except those who work there. Free Park Admissions...even that wears thin. When you work there you don't want to go there. I worked for Disney for 9 1/2 years and during the last 2 years I was there I think I went to the parks twice. The last advice given was the best. Stay in school, get a good education, a good job and go to Disney as a guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom