WDW is going to charge for what now?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did anyone else get this email this morning?

"Dear Valued Guests,

At Walt Disney World Resort, we are constantly striving to enhance the overall guest experience and maintain the highest standards of service and quality, as well as our commitment to the environment. As part of our ongoing conservation efforts, we want to inform you about an upcoming change regarding our ice service at our Quick Service Restaurants.

Beginning April 3, 2024, we will be implementing a nominal fee for the provision of ice as well as trays at our Quick Service Restaurants. This adjustment will allow us to continue offering the exceptional service and amenities that our guests have come to expect while also ensuring the sustainability of our operations.

We understand that this change may come as a surprise, and we want to assure you that it was not made lightly. We have carefully considered the impact on our guests and have taken steps to minimize any inconvenience.

Rest assured, our commitment to providing a magical experience remains unwavering. We will continue to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, efficiency, and hospitality throughout your visit.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support as we strive to make Walt Disney World Resort the most magical place on earth for all our guests.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Guest Services team.

Warmest regards,

Jeff Vahle
President
Walt Disney World Resort"

Guessing I got this because I currently have an AP. This is quite the **** move, going into the hottest months of the year when attendance projections are already low. Not that I was planning to visit anyway after September, but I'm about done with this place. Just when you think they can't go any lower... they lower the bar even more. I wonder if they're doing the same thing in California? That would be one way to thin out the AP crowd there...

Bocabear

Even though this is a joke, the sad thing is, it is completely believable with the recent price increases etc....wait until they start charging a convenience fee for napkins and paper plates and Genie Plus reservations for Restroom use...lol

JoeCamel

Did anyone else get this email this morning?

"Dear Valued Guests,

At Walt Disney World Resort, we are constantly striving to enhance the overall guest experience and maintain the highest standards of service and quality, as well as our commitment to the environment. As part of our ongoing conservation efforts, we want to inform you about an upcoming change regarding our ice service at our Quick Service Restaurants.

Beginning April 3, 2024, we will be implementing a nominal fee for the provision of ice as well as trays at our Quick Service Restaurants. This adjustment will allow us to continue offering the exceptional service and amenities that our guests have come to expect while also ensuring the sustainability of our operations.

We understand that this change may come as a surprise, and we want to assure you that it was not made lightly. We have carefully considered the impact on our guests and have taken steps to minimize any inconvenience.

Rest assured, our commitment to providing a magical experience remains unwavering. We will continue to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, efficiency, and hospitality throughout your visit.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support as we strive to make Walt Disney World Resort the most magical place on earth for all our guests.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Guest Services team.

Warmest regards,

Jeff Vahle
President
Walt Disney World Resort"

Guessing I got this because I currently have an AP. This is quite the **** move, going into the hottest months of the year when attendance projections are already low. Not that I was planning to visit anyway after September, but I'm about done with this place. Just when you think they can't go any lower... they lower the bar even more. I wonder if they're doing the same thing in California? That would be one way to thin out the AP crowd there...
Just think of all the cool cash this will generate!
Scrooge McDuck will be pleased

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just think of all the cool cash this will generate!
Scrooge McDuck will be pleased
I mean, it makes sense from a revenue perspective. Bob needs more cash out of the cash cow. A captive audience, and when mom or dad is ordering food for the family, what are they going to do, put it all on top of the stroller?

Castle Cake Apologist

I don't know what it says about the current state of the company that I went back and forth in my head for a couple seconds on whether this was an April Fool's post or not. Like, I figured it probably was, but also felt like this is something they might try to do.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't know what it says about the current state of the company that I went back and forth in my head for a couple seconds on whether this was an April Fool's post or not. Like, I figured it probably was, but also felt like this is something they might try to do.
It's no fun if it's obvious. :) The good ones are those that make you think, "Could this actually be a thing?", because they are believable. "Disney to partner with WalMart for park merchandise" is a dead giveaway. Wait... (*writes that one down*)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom