WDW College Program Ending for good???

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
The rumors have been flying this week about WDW COLLEGE PROGRAM possibly ending? does anyone know any truth to this. Also, Why all the cut backs at MK, Why not any of the other parks, Im confused and need anwsers

freaklarm

Dont think so, two words for you "cheap labor", if something is going to happend with the WDWCP is that it will get bigger and bigger every year, Disney save a lot of money with this program.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
not happening... not w/ WDW building another housing complex for CP's

AndyMagic

I HOPE NOT!! I plan on working down there again this fall!! Quick question though. I don't remember exactly how it worked when I went down there last year but... do they ask you what type of work you would like to do?? Or do they just assign you something random?

FormerCM

Not ending!! But they have gotten less this year just because they don't have the guests to need many people. Their cutting part timers hours big time and they need to cut back on CP too.

Lhriangel

I haven't heard anything about the college program ending and I'm a campus rep.. not that they tell us everything, but I'm just saying. In fact I have not even heard this rumor before and I usually hear all the rumors lol.

Maybe you mean the SUMMER college program. Yes that has been completely discontinued.

Mission: SPACE

I hope not too!!! I have been planning on going there just for that because I want to go to UCF and work at WDW... Oh well... even if it would end, I'd just try to get a job as a regular CM, but would like the College Program because of the housing... That's life!!!

But I really don't see it going anywhere!
:)

Maria

Originally posted by freaklarm
Dont think so, two words for you "cheap labor", if something is going to happend with the WDWCP is that it will get bigger and bigger every year, Disney save a lot of money with this program.

My thoughts exactly... that was a clever idea by Disney. :animwink:

Speedway 9

College Program ALIVE and WELL

I am currently on the Advanced Internship program. The College Program actually had more students apply and get accepted this semester than any other semester before. In Tomorrowland, there were 94 College Program students in Attractions alone. Don't worry, we're not going anywhere!

Speedway 9

dizneyfreak

<Off Topic> Hey Rob, how much is it to rent your avatar??? :animwink:
<On Topic> I really don't think they would end the college program. As freaklarm said, its "cheep labor" and I myself am thinking about doing this when I get out of high school.

disneywy

Yep, it is the summer internship part that has been canceled. It now is the spring and fall only and to do the fummer you can do a continuation of the spring or start the fall eary. The college program web site says that the summer program doesn't allow for enough teaching and learning. I am very disapointed about it, because I was wanting do to it this summer. Looks like I might do it in the spring instead. Who knows what the deal really is about why it was canceled. I would think they love it because of it being cheap labor that is probably pretty enthusiasic about being there. .

mbro2002

The reason they don't do the summer program anymore? Training costs. Why go through the hassle and cost to hire and train a couple thousand people who are only going to work for seven or eight weeks? They also don't have to send recruiters out quite as often, and probably need less people in college recruiting to manage the revolving door of college kids.

Having the college program people stay longer also reduces turnover and makes life easier for the various departments, since they aren't getting getting new people so often.

Becky

Re: College Program ALIVE and WELL

Originally posted by Speedway 9
In Tomorrowland, there were 94 College Program students in Attractions alone. Don't worry, we're not going anywhere!

Speedway 9

I just got back from WDW yesterday. Half the CM's I talked to were in the CP. I really doubt WDW would kill the "Golden Goose".

By the by, it was a great trip.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom