Wave Contemporary Reservations Needed?

The Pho

We've driven to Contemporary to eat at the Wave multiple times this year with no reservations and walked right in.

Last edited:

Amos1784

Typically no, but it is a whole lot easier to have them and not need them.

It will also vary depending on when you are traveling. Breakfast on an odd Tuesday in September is pretty easy. Dinner during holiday season, not so much.

I agree with this, there have been more than a few times we have been turned away at restaurants that essentially are not full or had to wait for a table even with many available. We have been told many times this is just due to staffing, if there are not a ton of reservations for the night, they like other restaurants do not staff to handle if large amounts walk up. Best case is always to just make the reservation :happy:

HouCuseChickie

Several years ago, we tried to get into the Wave last minute for dinner before going to MVMCP. I knew we might have issues because of the timing, and sure enough, they had nothing until after the party was in full swing. So, if you know when you're going and when you want to dine there, I'd make the ADR just to be safe.

TrojanUSC

Contemporary is also a convention resort. If one is running when you go, you could be out of luck if you try for a walk up.

This is the whole reason it exists. They couldn't really run a convention resort and have guests told "sorry, our two restaurants have been full today for six months."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom