Watermice

momof2girls

Just a quick question...will myself and my two DDs (6 & 7) all fit in one of the watermice? We've done them at Inner Harbor in MD and we've all fit but I'm not sure if we'd all fit in one of the Disney ones. We are staying at CBR and I know that they have them there. Thanks

brertigger

I think two people is almost pushing it at times (and I am one who does not mind cramming people into seats).

Unfortunately, your children are not quite old enough to drive their own yet.
I suggest maybe renting a larger boat for now, and then in a few years, go back to WDW and each rent your own boat. (They go much faster with only one person in it).

Also, just a note, the Water Mice at the Bay Lake Resorts are a lot faster than the other resorts, since they have a larger lake area.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Officially...

Sea Raycer by Sea Ray have replaced the Watermice throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

There is a 2 guests maximum per boat. A child must be at least 12 years old and at least 5 feet tall to drive a Sea Raycer. All drivers 12 to 17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a release. All drivers 18 years of age or older must provide valid ID with birth date. In order to rent watercraft, a guest must be 18 years of age and present a Walt Disney World Resort ID or valid driver's license. There is a maximum combined weight of 320 lbs. At least one person in the boat must have a valid drivers license for Magic Kingdom Resort Marinas.

You can rent a Sea Raycer at:

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Barefoot Bay Boat Yard/Bike Works
Disney's Contemporary Resort - The Boat Nook
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - La Marina
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground -Fort Wilderness Marina
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - The Captain's Shipyard
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Hank's Rent N' Return
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Mikala Canoe Club Marina
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Levee Marina
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Teton Boat & Bike Rentals
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts - Bayside Marina
Downtown Disney Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Marina

Current prices are:
$24 Per 30 Minutes
$32 Per 45 Minutes
$38 Per 60 Minutes
All prices subject to change without notice.

There is currently a 10% DVC discount for any of the watercraft rentals. Discount is not valid for Specialty Cruises or Fishing Excursions.

Upvote 0

DisneyDellsDude

JPVonDrake said:
Officially...

Ohhh.:D

The first time we rode one was at the Poly last Thanksgiving. It was a blast!
We've been to CBR 2 times before, and I never thought of that. It probably won't be as fun though because the lake is not as big.:dazzle:

I still want to try it though.:sohappy:

Edit: Oh, and I'm saying this because we stay at CBR next Thanksgiving.:)

Upvote 0

CatLady

DisneyDellsDude said:
We've been to CBR 2 times before, and I never thought of that. It probably won't be as fun though because the lake is not as big.:dazzle:

I don't know about CBR, but the Sea Raycers (and the Water Mice before them) that you rent at for use on Bay Lake are actually faster than the ones you can rent to use on Crescent Lake (from the Yacht Club Marina). It's worth it to a lot of people to go over there to rent them for that reason.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

We found out the hard way that the SeaRaycers are having new engines installed that dramatically reduce the power you have. Don't expect anything remotely close to going fast. We had rented on a few trips from the CR, and loved it. Last trip, we noticed about a 50% lower speed. It was bad enough that we returned to the docks twice, thinking the engines were malfunctioning, and swapped out boats, to no avail. Finally a CM told us that the motors had been replaced (either from 2 stroke to 4 stroke or vice versa, can't remember!) and that the boats were no longer as fast or powerful. Whereas before you could actually jump waves and really move, now, its much slower, and neither of us really was even able to produce a wake. We were so disappointed with the experience that we actually returned the boats early and got our money back. I hate that this happened, as we really enjoyed the SeaRaycers. This was several months back, and I cannot speak for boats available at other resorts, but I would be wary of the experience. For us, it went from fun to boring.

Upvote 0

DisneyDellsDude

tigger1968 said:
We found out the hard way that the SeaRaycers are having new engines installed that dramatically reduce the power you have. Don't expect anything remotely close to going fast. We had rented on a few trips from the CR, and loved it. Last trip, we noticed about a 50% lower speed. It was bad enough that we returned to the docks twice, thinking the engines were malfunctioning, and swapped out boats, to no avail. Finally a CM told us that the motors had been replaced (either from 2 stroke to 4 stroke or vice versa, can't remember!) and that the boats were no longer as fast or powerful. Whereas before you could actually jump waves and really move, now, its much slower, and neither of us really was even able to produce a wake. We were so disappointed with the experience that we actually returned the boats early and got our money back. I hate that this happened, as we really enjoyed the SeaRaycers. This was several months back, and I cannot speak for boats available at other resorts, but I would be wary of the experience. For us, it went from fun to boring.

Are you talking about the boats in all the lakes, or just the ones at Caribbean Beach?

Upvote 0

tigger1968

DisneyDellsDude said:
Are you talking about the boats in all the lakes, or just the ones at Caribbean Beach?

I was referring to the times we rented from the Contemporary Resort. We noticed other boats from other resorts, such as the Poly, were still the old motors, as they blew past us. I was told however, that the transition was for all the SeaRaycers on property. I would assume that the change was an ongoing process, and may or may not be completed througout the parks.

Upvote 0

DSNYKID

JPVonDrake said:
Officially...

Sea Raycer by Sea Ray have replaced the Watermice throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

There is a 2 guests maximum per boat. A child must be at least 12 years old and at least 5 feet tall to drive a Sea Raycer. All drivers 12 to 17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a release. All drivers 18 years of age or older must provide valid ID with birth date. In order to rent watercraft, a guest must be 18 years of age and present a Walt Disney World Resort ID or valid driver's license. There is a maximum combined weight of 320 lbs. At least one person in the boat must have a valid drivers license for Magic Kingdom Resort Marinas.

Disney's Contemporary Resort - The Boat Nook
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - La Marina
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground -Fort Wilderness Marina
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - The Captain's Shipyard
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Hank's Rent N' Return
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Mikala Canoe Club Marina
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Levee Marina
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Teton Boat & Bike Rentals
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts - Bayside Marina
Downtown Disney Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Marina

Current prices are:
$24 Per 30 Minutes
$32 Per 45 Minutes
$38 Per 60 Minutes
All prices subject to change without notice.

There is currently a 10% DVC discount for any of the watercraft rentals. Discount is not valid for Specialty Cruises or Fishing Excursions.
At the end of April 2006, during a stay Old Key West, we rented the Water Mice, not the Searacers. Also, 2 children, probably 12 and 10 shared a water mouse. Their dad signed off for them, but they were free to use the boat. Im thinking that the 12 or 10 year old did not have a drivers license, so this must have been a violation of Disney policy. The boats must have been swapped out and the rules have changed since then. I trust in JPVonDrake so there you have it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom