Water rides in November?

JustInTime

How are the water rides in November? Specifically, I have never ridden Kali River Rapids and I really want to. Also, Splash is a must. Is is too cold for these rides?

popsicletrees

My family went last January when it was absolutely freezing in Florida, and Kali River Rapids was still running. They had a cart of ponchos for sale at the entrance. Even though it wasn't cold enough not to operate the ride, it was definitely too cold for us to brave it.

Upvote 0

enoe01

I know on splash that they turn off the water canon that shoots u before u go up the first lift hill. As fo Kali River, it is bad enough being soaked to the bone in the summer let alone being soaked and freezing in the winter.

Upvote 0

JustInTime

Original Poster
Ok! Great! I can't wait to ride it. How are the crowds during the week of the 12th? I know they will be light, but will the rides be practically walk-ons?

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
seriously, when I lived in Tampa it was 95 degrees on christmas day one year. when you are used to the heat 80 degrees seems a little chilly, but if you come from somewhere like cold, rainy, Seattle in November, it will definitely be warm enough for you to do water rides.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I got drenched in November on Kali last year - I mean as though I jumped in a swimming pool - my feet were sloshing in my sneakers. I would have dried walking around over the course of the day if this was the morning, but it was about 4 PM and I started getting cold. I ended up buying a dress and shoes in one of the shops and changing in the bathroom. I was actually glad - I never would have bought that $40 cute black sundress with lepard print Mickey shapes all over it if it wasn't a necessity!!

Upvote 0

dorothy_l

Depends on who you are talking to....I would avoid Kali in the morning and in the late afternoon...If i were to ride it, noon time to 2pm. It's the hottest part of the day....but don't forget, even if it gets up to upper 80's the sun goes down and it gets pretty cool at night!

If you ask someone from up north that comes down to Florida they laugh at us southerners wearing 3 layers of clothing plus earmuffs. So use your best judgement.

Upvote 0

paul436

I went on Kali River Rapids once on a pretty cold day (for Florida). Near the exit, Disney had large, industrial sized heaters blowing hot air to try and dry people off. I knew it was going to be cold when I got off (and it was) but I went anyway. It's Disney World! Why not?!:shrug::lol:

Upvote 0

JustInTime

Original Poster
I went on Kali River Rapids once on a pretty cold day (for Florida). Near the exit, Disney had large, industrial sized heaters blowing hot air to try and dry people off. I knew it was going to be cold when I got off (and it was) but I went anyway. It's Disney World! Why not?!:shrug::lol:

Very true. What about Ponchos? Would that help any?

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

November should be no problem for either ride. that doesn't mean it will be. But typically, there would be no problem in November.
Like someone mentioned above, I've been in Florida on Christmas Day when it was 80 and I've been in Florida on Christmas Day when it was 50.
I never have any problem on Splash Mountain, particularly when sitting on the left side of the log.
As for Kali, you ALWAYS roll the dice there. At least 2 people are immersed, sometimes as many as 6.
We always ride Kali first thing in the morning (on our summer trips). Of course, we always bring a change of clothes and immediately change for the rest of the day after we've gotten our fill. Renting a locker is a wonderful thing.
Riding Kali in December and January would be an adventure. Choose wisely.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom