Water parks in winter

James5709

I am going to Disney for 2 weeks over Christmas and i was wondering will it be too COLD to go to the water parks as i am not sure how hot it will be, as i normally go in summer. Also does anyone know which water park will be open because two are normally closed for rehab i think?

WDW-Imagineer

I'm not sure if you can use Florida and Winter in the same sentence. :p I've been there in early December and the temp is fine... although I haven't been to the water parks. Its definitely warm enough to go to them, I just don't see you going in the morning when its a bit brisk (according to Florida standards).

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I think they usually have a daily rotation for which parks are open in the off-season. For example, Typhoon Lagoon might be open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday then Blizzard Beach open on Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday. River Country is closed in January and February. I would call and ask about times for December. And yes it does get chilly (at least in February). We had 4 days there with a high temp not quite 60 degrees!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
And yes it does get chilly (at least in February). We had 4 days there with a high temp not quite 60 degrees!

That is unusual. I've been down there in December and February and it usually warm enough for the water parks. But unlike the spring, summer and fall it's not an all day thing. More like noon to 4pm.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

That is unusual. I've been down there in December and February and it usually warm enough for the water parks. But unlike the spring, summer and fall it's not an all day thing. More like noon to 4pm.

I should note that it had been in the 70's everday for the weeks prior to our trip and it warmed up as soon as our plane left MCO. We still went swimming in the Yacht Club pool before we left. It was low 60's (of course the water was much warmer). But hey, it was still better than Michigan in February!:D

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by DisneyPhD

I should note that it had been in the 70's everday for the weeks prior to our trip and it warmed up as soon as our plane left MCO. We still went swimming in the Yacht Club pool before we left. It was low 60's (of course the water was much warmer). But hey, it was still better than Michigan in February!:D

I feel your pain PhD. Gotta love those Chicago winters and for the last three years the Minnesota winters. :(

But this way when we move to Florida it will all that much nicer. :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom