Water Parks in the Winter

rubysparky77

Original Poster
How are the water parks in the winter? The water is heated, but does the cool environment make the parks unbearable? Are they still very crowded?

Rabflmom

How are the water parks in the winter? The water is heated, but does the cool environment make the parks unbearable? Are they still very crowded?
>>>>

Depends on the day for both answers. Blizzard will be closing for refurbishment soon so it will be Typhoon Lagoon open for Jan. So if there is a really warm day and there usually are some it will mean more people in the park, but still nothing like the crowds during the summer. On really cold days when no one or very few people go to the waterparks they close completely or close early if not enough people there to keep the parks open. On cool days the water is warmer than the air but not the 80 degrees of a home pool that is heated. It can be chilly waiting for the slides etc. when out of the water.

We were at Blizzard one day last week when it was in the 80s. Park was not crowded at all. It was a mid week day and not on the weekend and even the MK was pretty much walk onto any of the rides. We had a great day. Had never been to Blizzard thinking it would be all fake snow etc., but the park was really much more tropical in the beach areas than I expected. Can't wait to go back again. It actually is a beautiful park for a water park.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I was at Blizzard Beach the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was unseasonably warm -- upper 80s. Crowds were much lower than in the summer, despite the temp and the fact that it was a holiday weekend. Other than Downhill Double Dipper and Summitt Plummet, pretty much every slide was a negligible to 5 minute wait max.

docandsix

Our day at Typhoon Lagoon last December was the best day of our vacation.

Anyway, I thought so. It's amazing to visit a park with heated water. Even when the temperature "dipped" into the 70's, I was more comfortable than I am during the height of summer at the local water park.

Jeff456

I am hoping typhoon lagoon will be bearable in mid february and if its quiet then thats great! I always think they are busy in october.

karl46

We weny to both parks at end of December and beginning of Jan and found it lovely. We are from the UK though so temperature was nearly equivilent of our summer.

bennyw01

there near enough empty, and if the winds up its completely freezing, you can just sit about, theres no ques for everything so you just goto keep your self busy and everything. id completely avoid it over the christmas period until early spring.

echoscot

Let's put it this way,

In the winter they offer all kinds of freebie deals to the CMs to try to encourage them to go and bring family and friends during the winter months. That should give you an idea of the crowds and it is really nice. Especially if you pick a break between cold fronts to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom