Water park hours reduced for summer 2016

CaptainAmerica

Very likely. AK needed more night time attractions; it's a shame to close it when it's still fairly light out when the atmosphere is so nice afterwards.
It's going to have to be a significant increase, too. DAK is showing 5:00 closing for the few days in July I checked. I assume Rivers of Light needs darkness, meaning 8:00 at the very earliest.

BoarderPhreak

It's going to have to be a significant increase, too. DAK is showing 5:00 closing for the few days in July I checked. I assume Rivers of Light needs darkness, meaning 8:00 at the very earliest.
During the summer, definitely. It's a double-edged sword though... Half the park is useless as you can't see the animals (e.g. KS and the trails). So the e-ticket rides and other sundries need to carry it.

CaptainAmerica

During the summer, definitely. It's a double-edged sword though... Half the park is useless as you can't see the animals (e.g. KS and the trails). So the e-ticket rides and other sundries need to carry it.
KS will be operational.

But yeah, your point is well-taken until Avatar goes live.

dreamfinder

Interesting, but I can see that possible with nocturnal animals... But it seems a stretch.

Some of the habitats have already been prepped for different animals during the day and night. Switching out animals that are active during the different respective times of day. Wild dogs/hyenas should be one such scenario.

the-reason14

I know this is off topic, but it will be interesting to see AK at night. I haven't seen it at night in years, and lately it seems there's really no need to go at all, but with all these changes it sounds like it's shaping up to be a good almost full day park.

COProgressFan

Just noticed that the operating hours for the water park are reduced for this summer.

Barring any later changes to the schedule, July has hours of 10am to 7pm. It has previously been 9am to 8pm, and even EMH back in 2012 and earlier .

http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

Wow, that's a big cut. To open at 10am in the summer seems really late. All this will do is make the park more crowded at opening as I suspect there will be a crush of people there for 10am. And the 8pm closing is always nice in the summer too. It's still sunny, and ridiculously hot in July.

As Disney has a history of posting limited hours and then expanding them later, I wonder if hours will be officially extended as we get closer to summer.

amjt660

Shortening hours of a waterpark in the off season can be justified.
Doing it during the hot & humid summer months?
I cannot wait to see how Disney will try to spin this one as a benefit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom