Water Park Advice

BMinNY

We are going to Disney next week (Jul 27th-Aug 3rd) and my son really wants to go to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. We haven't really ever done the waterparks and were looking for tips.

Is it really busy during this time of year? Do we need to get there early? Are the waterparks any less busy between like 4PM and close?

Any other advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

mousebymarriage

I have only been to Typhoon Lagoon twice and my advice is to get there early. It can be crazy busy during this time of year and with the heat and humidity being so brutal people are looking for a fun way to cool off. We took our own car once and bus transport the other, if you have your own car i highly recommend taking it. It is a long tiring but, fun day at the water parks and the last thing I wanted to do was wait at the bus stop and then board a chilly bus with the A/C cranked up while I was still wet from the parks. In my own car I could control the A/C and not freeze.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We are going to Disney next week (Jul 27th-Aug 3rd) and my son really wants to go to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. We haven't really ever done the waterparks and were looking for tips.

Is it really busy during this time of year? Do we need to get there early? Are the waterparks any less busy between like 4PM and close?

Any other advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Yes they are much less busy later on in the day. If you stay until close you will end up having a lot of attractions there to yourself. People tend to get to the waterparks early, then get burnt and overheat, and head out mid afternoon. My personal preference is to get there mid afternoon. A lot of that depends ont eh type of ticket you have, and if you wish to spend the entire day there to make the most of your entry fee.

Check out http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Blizzard-Beach.htm and http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Typhoon-Lagoon.htm for attraction info, and dining etc.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We've gone to both parks and TL is our favorite. We like the wave pool instead of the bobble pool. Get there early and plan on staying the whole day. Like Mousebymarriage said, take your own car if you have it. We took the bus the first time we went and had to get on the bus at the end of the day all wet, sitting beside people who were all dressed for the night. We felt so bad, but we had no other choice than to sit with them, trying not to get them all wet. The second time we took our own car, took an afternoon break to eat a picnic lunch we'd packed in our cooler in our car and then went back and had a great time til closing. Get there early so you can stake out your spot by the pool and have a place you can meet back at. I'd also suggest either bringing your own watershoes or buying Disney ones once you get there. The pavement if VERY hot and will burn your feet. Also, rent a locker to keep your valuables and a dry change of clothes in so you don't have to carry everything with you all over the place. You'll have so much fun, it's so relaxing to be there all day....especially if you spend a lot of the day in teh lazy river like we do!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Its summer - yes they'll be busy :rolleyes:

Either get there very early (use EMH if applicable) to stake out you spot and ride the rides OR wait till after 3pm when most have left and are heading for resorts to change before dinner

Upvote 0

corey154

I like to get there early to get a good spot for the day. Also watch your children. There was another arrest at TL last week for a man grabbing young boys behinds. (this is like the 4th incident at water parks here in central florida this summer)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom