Water bottles allowed?

Jackiep9

Original Poster
Packing and wondering if water bottles are allowed and if there are drinking fountains around to fill them up?

We're also doing the meal plan and I think you get some sort of big cup. No one in my family drinks soda - should we just use those and get water? Sounds annoying if they don't actually close like a water bottle.

MissAlmyra

I highly recommend Vapur water bottles; they are lightweight, flat when not in use and can fold! I brought one to my last trip and absolutely loved it. It's very durable, too. Most of them come with a carabiner so they clip to your belt or bag.

KLeigh

I highly recommend using filtered water bottles! We personally use the Bobble brand when we go to WDW and they work out great!

Britt

Yep, they allow water bottles as long as they're not glass. I highly recommend looking into the self filtering ones as FL water is nasty if you're from a place like Colorado.

thomas998

Packing and wondering if water bottles are allowed and if there are drinking fountains around to fill them up?

We're also doing the meal plan and I think you get some sort of big cup. No one in my family drinks soda - should we just use those and get water? Sounds annoying if they don't actually close like a water bottle.

The only thing you should prepare for is the foulest tasting water you'll ever have the pleasure of drinking. Not sure why but the tap water tasted awful and is rarely cold, cool at best often I think they actually warm it up to make it less enjoyable and force you to buy their hyper expensive water.

Jackiep9

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! I have some self filtering bottles but hasn't thought about bringing them to Disney til now.

G8rchamps

We bring several waters in a cooler in the bottom of our stroller, took filter bottels last trip, and QS restaurants will give you a cup of ice water free anytime. i live in Florida and, yes our water is nasty.

Weather_Lady

If the "big cup" you're referring to is the refillable mug you're issued at check-in while on the DDP, it's not limited just to soda -- you can use it for unlimited [self-serve] refills of any hot or cold beverage available in your resort's food court during your stay -- coffee, hot or cold tea, hot chocolate, juice, milk, lemonade, fruit punch, etc.

If your concern is that every time you order a DDP meal, you'll be issued a huge fountain drink cup and will be limited to fountain drinks, don't worry -- you'll have more choices than just fountain drinks at most WDW restaurants (both counter service and table service), so you don't have to waste your beverage entitlement! Check the menu (adult and kid sections) for bottled water, juice, milk, Smartwater, coffee, tea, etc. Also, many places that offer milkshakes will allow you to order a milkshake as your "beverage" on the DDP. If you're not sure what other beverage options you have at a given restaurant, it never hurts to ask.

DH likes his Diet Coke, so when we were there, he and I would split his beverage at each counter service lunch(the fountain drink cups are HUGE - we'd just ask for an extra one to divide the drink) and I'd order the biggest bottle of water they had as my beverage, so we'd have one to carry around with us for the rest of the afternoon. We didn't have to bring (or buy) any additional water. (If you're traveling to Florida in the summer, however, YMMV!)

Last edited:

minniemickeyfan

If the "big cup" you're referring to is the refillable mug you're issued at check-in while on the DDP, it's not limited just to soda -- you can use it for unlimited [self-serve] refills of any hot or cold beverage available in your resort's food court during your stay -- coffee, hot or cold tea, hot chocolate, juice, milk, lemonade, fruit punch, etc.

If your concern is that every time you order a DDP meal, you'll be issued a huge fountain drink cup and will be limited to fountain drinks, don't worry -- you'll have more choices than just fountain drinks at most WDW restaurants (both counter service and table service), so you don't have to waste your beverage entitlement! Check the menu (adult and kid sections) for bottled water, juice, milk, Smartwater, coffee, tea, etc. Also, many places that offer milkshakes will allow you to order a milkshake as your "beverage" on the DDP. If you're not sure what other beverage options you have at a given restaurant, it never hurts to ask.

DH likes his Diet Coke, so when we were there, he and I would split his beverage at each counter service lunch(the fountain drink cups are HUGE - we'd just ask for an extra one to divide the drink) and I'd order the biggest bottle of water they had as my beverage, so we'd have one to carry around with us for the rest of the afternoon. We didn't have to bring (or buy) any additional water. (If you're traveling to Florida in the summer, however, YMMV!)
Never seen milk available in the refillable mugs or orange juice if that's the juice your referring to.
But yes for the drink with the meal we always get milk, orange or apple juice etc. much better choice than the soft drinks I think.

OP- the bobble or Brita water bottles are great for the FL water. I like the Brita one the best and it has a hook so I think it's easier to tote around.

DManRightHere

We bring a couple cases of Desani water (since they sell it at Disney) and bring 3 for the two of us when heading out. We bring the single bottle kool aid and tea packets too. Saves at least $40 per person a trip. Wife still gets a refillable since she has to have one too.

Tribritt

Water is gross. It was such a shock the first time we went to WDW!

Marc Gil

I always bring at least 4 water bottles to the parks. I don't drink anything else besides water and coffee anyway. It also saves you a lot of money and time, which is always a good thing.

tk924

We have used these Brita water bottles with replaceable filters. They work great.

brita-bottle-aqua.png

But also know this. You can get a cup of ice water for free. Just ask anywhere refreshments are served.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom